• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I wish I had that here.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I cant wait to get home and play with the 80...................
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Oh man I wish I had that here.
        +1

New Jersey is fucking flat. Not much in the way of good trails or good roads.

Comment

I'm having such a hard time picking out a set of tires for my Scout. Modern sidewall graphics make me want to hurl, no i don't want tribal tattoos on my tires.

I found these Cooper Discoverer S/T tires and i dig these, anybody have any experience with them?

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Had those on a work rig for a while a few years back they are not that bad, they were loud and didnt seem to last very long. On a scout prolly would last longer and I doubt you would ever hear them...... I really like the updated version the St Maxx, much better grip, and seem to wear better.

turbo: Go to North West Jesery there is some pretty good hills over that way and I think there are some trials just across the PA state line
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Had those on a work rig for a while a few years back they are not that bad, they were loud and didnt seem to last very long. On a scout prolly would last longer and I doubt you would ever hear them...... I really like the updated version the St Maxx, much better grip, and seem to wear better.

Thanks, sleeve.

I can't really even hear my 15yo mud tires now so you are probably right on that point. I really want an old school(ish) looking tire and the ST Maxx is just too modern for my taste, like most current tires.
              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I know mastercraft (cheap coopers) used to sell a very very old school looking light MT/aggressive AT tire that you would prolly like that is similar to the ones above.

I totally understand your want to go with an old school look and why the maxx's might be a little too much on that scout and those will likely serve you well. I rolled on them for 5-6 months in a heavily loaded 3/4ton dodge in rural PA/WV oil field and pipeline access roads and right of ways, with out a single sidewall cut in all that broken up shredded shale.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  +1

New Jersey is fucking flat. Not much in the way of good trails or good roads.
                  How far are you from rausch creek? I keep meaning to make it up there.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

turbo: Go to North West Jesery there is some pretty good hills over that way and I think there are some trials just across the PA state line
                    Yeah, I was at the Delaware Water Gap last year, hiked up the trail, and went "holy shit, NJ has mountains!" I spend almost zero time in North NJ, it's like a different state. I know PA has some good stuff, but with regards to local terrain (40 minutes away or less), there isn't much.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    How far are you from rausch creek? I keep meaning to make it up there.
                    Google says 2.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      I'm having such a hard time picking out a set of tires for my Scout. Modern sidewall graphics make me want to hurl, no i don't want tribal tattoos on my tires.

I found these Cooper Discoverer S/T tires and i dig these, anybody have any experience with them?
                      The BFG KM2 are pretty old school looking. They have a clean side wall. I have Cooper AT3s on my Taco. They are awesome, but I would go with km2s over the old s/t.

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                        The BFG KM2 are pretty old school looking. They have a clean side wall. I have Cooper AT3s on my Taco. They are awesome, but I would go with km2s over the old s/t.

Thanks for the advice. KM2s are at the top of my picks for a mud tire but i think a AT tire will suit my current usage better which is why i keep coming back to the coopers. I probably just need to set up multiple wheel/tire combos for the scout like i tend to do with my other cars.
                        Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Ooops.

Comment

Damm your snowpack is that low already.......

William Pitt-

Comment

Damm your snowpack is that low already.......
                              This was right off the south fork of the Boise river. My guess is this is at 3400 feet maybe. We've had a lot of warming the last two weeks.

Comment

For anyone questioning the Moab Meetup I will write up another post a month out from it around the 20th of April.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X