No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you wheels will be a staggered setup. I'm I right? What are they?
    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
      Looks like you wheels will be a staggered setup. I'm I right? What are they?
      double staggered Borbet type Bs

the thing is , i doubt it'll fit in the rear without flares. and i really don't know about the flares part....

16x7 et30
      17*10 et20

i saw one of my friends e30s, he has 17*9.5 et35 and it fit perfect. so mine will be poking out a lot it seems
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
        everybody is telling me different things man. i have someone local who told me he would swap out his 3.73 for my 2.93. but then when people told me that 3.73 would be too high i told him that it was a no go. i just messaged him if he was still down to do the trade, hopefully it goes through.

i mean regardless the car is going to spin no matter what we do.
        I have an excel spreadsheet I created to determine speed vs rpm. You can input gear ratios and tire diameters to determine which rear end is best.

I am using a 3.73 and expect to be at 2,000 @ 70 mph. If you want I can email you the sheet.
        Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
        '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
        Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
        1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
        Check us out
        Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
          I have an excel spreadsheet I created to determine speed vs rpm. You can input gear ratios and tire diameters to determine which rear end is best.

I am using a 3.73 and expect to be at 2,000 @ 70 mph. If you want I can email you the sheet.
          how are you liking the 3.73? that's what im going with.
          Last edited by Reyhan335; 03-27-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

how are you liking the 3.73? that's what im going with.
            My car's still not on the road yet so I can't say. I have probably a week of solid work to get it drive-able.
            Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
            1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

Check us out
            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
              My car's still not on the road yet so I can't say. I have probably a week of solid work to get it drive-able.
              we're getting close man!
              i have to get the bushings in, put the subframe back in, driveshaft, exhaust back on. relocate my oil filter. bleed brakes and slave and i should be done.

then interior bits , carpet seats and all. which i have everything.

Comment

wow. 21K views on the thread. i just wanted to thank everyone for the support and hopefully I've helped at least one person on their very own swap by seeing my mistakes.

Comment

wow. 21K views on the thread. i just wanted to thank everyone for the support and hopefully I've helped at least one person on their very own swap by seeing my mistakes.
                  I just read through the whole thread, took a couple days haha but it was a very interesting read. Looks like you had quite a few ups and downs but kept going and it looks like its going to be awesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                    I just read through the whole thread, took a couple days haha but it was a very interesting read. Looks like you had quite a few ups and downs but kept going and it looks like its going to be awesome!!!!
                    haha thanks man! yeah i tried to be very detailed with this thread, i guess that's why it's so long.

Comment

we're getting close man!
                      i have to get the bushings in, put the subframe back in, driveshaft, exhaust back on. relocate my oil filter. bleed brakes and slave and i should be done.

then interior bits , carpet seats and all. which i have everything.
                      We are getting close. So close!

I have two lists I could work from -
                      1. the list that gets it driving
                      2. the lists that gets it done

The first list is tune, alignment, seats and belts
                      The second list is, looming the wiring, installing dash, strip sound deadening, install 4pt cage, paint interior, fix TOB leak, tune, alignment, Seats and belts

Check us out
                      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

double staggered Borbet type Bs

the thing is , i doubt it'll fit in the rear without flares. and i really don't know about the flares part....

16x7 et30
                        17*10 et20

i saw one of my friends e30s, he has 17*9.5 et35 and it fit perfect. so mine will be poking out a lot it seems
                        you can always try "pulling" the fenders.
                        sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
                          you can always try "pulling" the fenders.
                          i've rolled and pulled the hell out of them, hopefully it'll be enough. i just read this guys thread and it says i should be fine

Comment

Got em out. Thinking about hitting the subframe up with some acetone and cleaner and to respray it black.
                            Then to put the condor bushings in.
                            3.73 lsd will be going back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look what came in. [emoji7][emoji7]

Comment

Before and after.