Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to go with my E30 exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any options that are relatively light (in weight) as well?
    Of do you just go from:

stock to stainless to titanium...
    Slicktop City!

Comment

Just purchased magnaflow 14815. SOUNDS GREAT!!

Comment

Originally posted by e30loverSC View Post
        do you still have the stock front muffler or cat ?

I have a magnaflow on the back, the litte stock front resanoator ( put back on, the magnaflow alone was too raspy, it helped some)
        but the past few days the car has run like crap, I wonder if my catalytic converter ( stock) is getting plugged .(17 years old) might have to replace it with a magnaflow cat ( compression good, plugs good, fuel flow good, running like a ....plugged muffler, but those resanoators are straight through so thats not it)
        luckily IM not in california ( magnflow cats are not approved in california, who knows, maybe the state of ca has found it causes cancer and birth defects :) )
        Last edited by 3bvert; 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

lmao thats funny. But yea i have the stock muffler. The cat is still on my car. i just took off the muffler you want it? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
            My craptastic non-oem muffler rusted off the oem pipes and fell the hell off. I like it too much to fix it.
            I knocked my baffles loose while pulling out of a drive-in movie lot and now my car sounds like every homeboy's dream. :(

Comment

Hi, I am also looking at 14815/14816. Can you try to describe how it sounds at idle, partial throttle and full throttle?

Is it loud when driven normally/slow or is it loud at all times?

thanks
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Me too but its on back order, but yes i have only heard good about them and i got a good deal.

And for whoever asked the iX exaust is the same as any other e30 325i/s

'88 325iX -Totaled
                '97 M3 - Sold
                '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
                '89 325is - Sold
                '95 540i 6spd
                '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

I keep reading that these are VERY LOUD....... still looking for sound/video...
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
                    To be honest. I have a summitracing muffler, One of the cheap ones they sell.
                    It was like 26.50 shipped. That muffler sounds better then the 225.00 magnaflow one that I had. Not to to loud that its annoying, sounds good and it isnt annoying on the highway either. You can hear it coming atleast 2 blocks away.. Thats what Id go with of it is your daily.

Link please!!??
                    Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

does anyone that is using a a thrush welded muffler from summit have an audio clip?

This muffler is only 30$ but I have seen where a few guys have said that it sounds really really good!
                      Need Custom spacers and adapters?

PM for information

Comment

Originally posted by e30Rob View Post
                        does anyone that is using a a thrush welded muffler from summit have an audio clip?

This muffler is only 30$ but I have seen where a few guys have said that it sounds really really good!

I'm using this one, but I'm not able to get a clip of it. To me it sounds nice at highway speeds, not super while it's cold, though once warmed up it's a lot better.

Comment

link or vid for magnaflow and summitracing?

Comment

The stock muffler on my eta has a bunch of holes in it from rust, sounds great imho.

Last edited by jonmon6691; 08-26-2009, 01:44 AM.
                            <-- F*** that guy

Comment

I will be getting a new exhaust soon and have been looking at stromung. Anyone have any opinions on their systems?

Comment

Strommung mufflers are great. I always loved they way that system sounds on a m20. You can do youtube searches to hear some sound clips.

Comment

Working...
                                X