Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trip down memory lane...89' 325is + S52 inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really like what you've done here sir.

Comment

this is a great thread. A good read. thank you for using proper grammar and sentences! haha Can't wait for some more updates!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
        Especially when you're flying!! Mark, I got them off ebay...trick is you search for m50 headers, not s50/52. I don't see any on there now, but they pop up from time to time; and they're cheap too...hopefully they last at least a little while.
        I bet :D

Thanks for the info - I'll keep an eye out on eBay. BTW, do you think you could wrap those shortys if you wanted to?
        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I think they could be wrapped if you were patient!

Quick update....finished the exhaust today...its much quieter than I had anticipated, but thats OK with me...I dont need anything too flashy! And the big bummer...I can't get the car in gear; the clutch won't disengage. I replaced the clutch slave today and rebled a few times to no avail. I think I need to go into the tranny to see what is wrong. I can't believe I'm having a problem like this...I've done so many clutches over the years...ugh. Stand by for updates. I'll upload pics and vid of the exhaust this weekend. I also am determined to actually drive this car this weekend too...keep your fingers crossed!

Comment

So, I was a moron and didn't pay attention when installing the clutch and threw the disc in backwards. I re-did the clutch and she drives! Seems silky smooth, but braking is rough and its a bit smoky. I am getting a CEL for the MAF so I will replace it and see if it helps. Updates and more pics to follow. Things in the near future are new brakes, new brake master, new LSD (3.73 is too short for me) and new CABs and CA's.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Awesome job! Nice to meet you earlier today - pleasure swapping stories and doing business.

For future reference - anyone considering a transaction with gkurey should have no worries - stand up guy.
              Current: 1984 633CSi - 109,000
              Past Bimmers:
              1973 2002tii - crashed racing
              1980 318i - sold
              1984 733i - sold
              1984 533i - killed for parts
              1984 533i - died at 310,000
              1990 318is - sold

Comment

Great work, but dude, do you still have those wheels? i've been looking for them for ever, mainly 2 of them :D

Comment

Very nice work man.
                  www.CASTROMOTORSPORT.com

Castro Motorsport
                  12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
                  North Hollywood, CA 91605
                  818-765-3606

Follow Castro's on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castro...02411516506828

Follow Castro's on Instagram:
                  http://instagram.com/castromotorsport#

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz325 View Post
                    Great work, but dude, do you still have those wheels? i've been looking for them for ever, mainly 2 of them :D

The ASAs? Yeah I have em...I could be convinced to part with them as well, haha! PM Me if you are really interested.

Comment

I just read this whole thread! Awesome job on the car! The engine looks and sounds great along with the rest of the car! Keep up the solid work and keep the updates coming

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                      Instagram:
                      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                      LS Build Thread:
                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

What spring rates did you go with on the coilovers? I'm going to order them from bc racing once they come back form SEMA show on November 10th.

If I ever come to Charleston, we will have to meet up and get a beer.

Comment

glad to see the adapter worked for you...looks good I love alpine weiss
                          looking for a e30m50 swap harness adapter pm me $150 shipped
                          email nitroman12@gmail.com

Comment

Realy cool project keep up the good work, how are BC coilovers like i'm think about getting a set of those soon?

Comment

looking good Gavin. You should join us for the next southeast rally!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                                looking good Gavin. You should join us for the next southeast rally!
                                When is it? Hopefully by then I will have a car worthy of showing off and not being embarrassed about the body.

Comment

Working...
                                X