Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Muffler for stock m20 for street use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Muffler for stock m20 for street use.

Sup R3v tried searching and not getting the answers I want, I was wondering what the best sounding muffler for an e30 would be that doesn't cause too much drone but still gives a nice sound. Currently I'm running straight pipes and the girl I'm dating loves my car, but I'm getting sick of not being able to talk to her in the car without shouting. Also just moved back from college and I'm starting to commute everyday and the straight pipes are really killing my ears as well as my neighbors who have to deal with me leaving at 8 am everyday. Keep in mind I'm a college student so my resources are a little limited, any help is appreciated!

E-30 325 cat back muffler. This is a classic part for a classic car. We reconfigured the tips to come straight out the back,similar to the e-30 M-3. Exceptional sound,fit & finish. This part is a...

Yeah, kind of expensive, but should last a long time, sounds good, and looks good. I just put one on my M3 at the beginning of last month. No drone, at light/cruising throttle you almost can't hear the exhaust, lift or put your foot in it, and yep, its there.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Exhaust note is rather subjective but personally I'd get headers, Y pipe to a single 2.25"(or 2.5") straight through to a magnaflow 14801, or 14815(or 2.5" inlet equivalents).

I have a similar setup in my 323i just with a 14" long high flow resonator after the y pipe and something the exhaust shop had in stock similar to a Magnaflow 14815. It sounds real good. Deep and throaty but if you give her a pounding then she really starts to scream. Single exhaust saves weight and cost if you're paying someone else to do it
      Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 01-14-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post

Deep and throaty

:up:

i have had 3 or 4 e30's with magnaflow mufflers. i know they make several models but all of them i have heard i really hate.

vibrant offers some nice stainless mufflers that sound fantastic. they are very reasonably priced. the last one i bought was around 120.00 shipped. they can be loud so you will probably want to use a resonator with them. seems like the web site is voracious motorsports?

my mtech 2 has a b&b stainless cat back that i found in a junk yard. the original price was around 1k, but i only paid 60 bucks. that was the best money i ever spent on my e30.

however, if i were to pay full price, i would buy the stromung or perhaps remus for about 600.00
        Last edited by flyboyx; 01-15-2014, 10:27 AM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Are you guys seriously posting this many words in an exhaust thread?

Here
          BMW M20 Stroker new exhaust. Trying to get rid of some of the rasp with a new exhaust system on our private alpine road course!
          ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Too loud?
            sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
              Too loud?
              The cats these days are not even 1/2 as large as the OEM one, I would say most mufflers are in the same range under 1/2 the size of OEM so automatically you're going to get more volume to pass smog.

Vibrant is an excellent baffled sound, if you need it quieter you'll have to stick more bounces between the head and the muffler.

That car has headers and, single exhaust tubing as well as romping on it with some harmonics from the tree line.
              ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                vibrant offers some nice stainless mufflers that sound fantastic. they are very reasonably priced. the last one i bought was around 120.00 shipped. they can be loud so you will probably want to use a resonator with them. seems like the web site is voracious motorsports?

I've got long tube headers into a single 2.5" exhaust with Vibrant resonator and muffler... here it is all the way from 3000 to 6500 :)

Comment

If you go Vibrant ,Hit me up. We have the full line
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Remus.
                    Sounds amazing on the m20.
                    Originally posted by codyep3
                    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                    2010 F650gs twin
                    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      http://www.stromungexhaust.com/325i-...rder-only.html

Yeah, kind of expensive, but should last a long time, sounds good, and looks good. I just put one on my M3 at the beginning of last month. No drone, at light/cruising throttle you almost can't hear the exhaust, lift or put your foot in it, and yep, its there.

Will
                      this. all my cars get this cat back now. deep like an american car and not raspy like a cheap magnaflow.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I would just keep the straight pipes, after awhile you won't want to hear what your girlfriend says anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                          If you go Vibrant ,Hit me up. We have the full line

I'll keep that in mind. R3v discount? Haha just trolling. But really. I'm a broke college kid.

Comment

Originally posted by isolatos View Post
                            I would just keep the straight pipes, after awhile you won't want to hear what your girlfriend says anyway.

Haha true true. But my bitch neighbor works for local police and she's called the cops on me before for running my dad's jet skis on the driveway to flush the saltwater out. And my car is a lot louder. And I leave at 8 am pretty much everyday, personally with just me in the car I like it and it's a good way to express your feelings on the roads if someone cuts you off.

Comment

My setup with Magnaflow 14815/ 14816. I am waiting to put my shorty headers on but I have stock manifold with 2.5 straight pipe after cat to this muffler in the video. I think I've been approached many times how good it sounds despite my tiny exhaust leak.

Sounds like this on the road,
                              Last edited by supkev; 01-20-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X