Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is posting a question such a big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
    I use google all the time to search forums they have mastered the search engine
    Using the forum search gets you 95% of crap untelated
    Yeah! I’ve been using Google for awhile to search this site, but have noticed a new search engine on some other car forums that looks even better.waffleswafflesCan we try it out here?” Seems to be working well on turbodieselregister.com and teslamotorsclub.com

Comment

eh, when someone has one problem 99% someone else has the same problem. I've been able to find every issue by searching and you dont even have to wait for people to respond! Which also why my low post count LOL.If its engine related search by engine block number. if you still cant find it you can search different search engines for different results.

I always felt e30tech was my go to for turbo info and more east coast community and r3v was 24v west coast.
      If i remember right, Jordan was the original creator of the e30tech forum and later on was banner? Is this correct?
      Last edited by Cream; 03-18-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

That was this forum.. And it was more complicated than that.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What happened to e30 tech?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
            What happened to e30 tech?
            it ded nau
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

not enough searching over there. forum death.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                One of the things that made this forum great was the freedom to address the newbs however we feel appropriate, and if you don't like it, hang around and make a few thousand posts and THEN see how you feel.

In other words, quit your whining, ya fucking newbs!

:)

Luke
                And everyone shitting on the noobs normalized it; I was always more intrigued than offended.

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                It often takes less time to just answer the question than to whine to a noob about how many times it's been asked and how you wish you didn't have to answer all these noobish questions. It takes even less time to just not click on the thread.
                A lot of the time learning how to search is more valuable than a single answer to a simple question.
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                  A lot of the time learning how to search is more valuable than a single answer to a simple question.
                  This. My wife sometimes asks me to look things up for her, because I have spent years mastering the use of key words.

Make it specific, no filler words that will throw the Google engine off time. Didn't get the results you want? Switch your keywords to something else used to describe the same thing. Sometimes you need quotation marks. On and on and on.

I think that's a part of the problem, people try to ask a search engine a question like they are speaking with a friend. It's definitely a skill to be honed if you want to find the most valuable info. Easier for people to just post, which hurts them by not learning in the first place.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Yup. I rarely post a thread to ask questions, and when I do, I usually find the answer later and end up feeling stupid for asking. Only once (on here) has posting a question actually been necessary, thanks to BMW making their exhaust studs too short, despite being the correct part number.

The ability to research seems to be lost on the younger generation, thanks to technology I'm guessing. They end up being lazy, and never learn how to search.

Comment

I sometimes like to search for the OP, and then post a link to a thread related to what the OP is asking. In that way, I learn something new.
                      1990 325i
                      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X