X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 Turbo build up

M10 Turbo...
    How hard is it to build?
    How would one control fuel and spark? would a stand alone engine management system be the only way?

Spare me the "M10's suck get an S50" bullshit. I'd like to hear from anyone who has any experience with M10 build-ups and turbo's.

Thanks guys,
    Chris
    Below the radar...

only thing I'll add is that standalone would probably be the *best* way. You could probably do it without though
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      only thing I'll add is that standalone would probably be the *best* way. You could probably do it without though
      Very true. But for what I'm schemeing, a $3k stand alone is more than the whole project is worth...

EDIT: Charlie, 318ti's are GAY!
      Below the radar...

Comment

Re: M10 Turbo build up

Originally posted by UNHCLL
        M10 Turbo...
        How hard is it to build?
        How would one control fuel and spark? would a stand alone engine management system be the only way?

Spare me the "M10's suck get an S50" bullshit. I'd like to hear from anyone who has any experience with M10 build-ups and turbo's.

Thanks guys,
        Chris
        Oogle over to google and you should find links for m10 turbos...some guys in FInland have the baddest m10 turbo.. www.bsmotor.com

here's a primary link: http://home.att.net/~jroal/jay/bmw.htm at the bottom of his page are some other good links..

Comment

this is funny because i remember the one thread on E3S, which trent lead mostly. It discussed how the M10 turbo is awesome, even better than the S50 swap.

I know people were talking about the 900hp F1 cars,
          but there was a Finnish S14 turbo making 938hp and ran 10sec quarters in a 2002.

Good luck with the build.... and rememebr to make videos

Comment

The thread on E3S was a complete joke. It was meant to throw off the reader as his original question was an incoherent bable of words. ;)

The build-up will be with a spare engine or 2 I might aquire. Now I need a chassis to drop it into. I'm thinking 2002. We've got one at the shop I have my eye on.....
            Below the radar...

Comment

The thread on E3S was a complete joke. It was meant to throw off the reader as his original question was an incoherent bable of words. ;)
              Hahaha that was my friend that asked about it. He reads too many books....and has a totalled 944 turbo.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

holly crap, they are using a bigger turbo than mine in smaller engine...nice custom intake manifold btw...

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

There's a guy around here (I forget his name) that runs a S14 style bottom end with an M10 head. The car is pretty powerful, but I don't think I've ever seen him finish a race because he runs too much boost for the stock internals (a little over 14psi IIRC). You'll want to get some forged pistons because those are usually the first thing to go on our motors in FI situations.
                  Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

chris, this should help yiz.

sick sick. even shows you how to port the head for maximum power gains.
                    sigpic
                    king of bad decisions.

Comment

A standalone from me doesn´t cost $3000, although it can do whatever needed,

$1500 for a 8cyl+ standalone, can of course run fewer cyl
                      Gunni
                      @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

M10 Turbo...

Thanks guys,
                        Chris
                        UNChELCL--In that case, I'll stay out of it. :D

Why not do a built stroker M10 if your putting it in a 2002? 2.4 M10's that are properly tuned can go well in a light 2002.

Comment

I have a spare M10 laying around... and a car with a dissasembled motor that needs some "cancer work" If I can aquire the car for cheap, then I'll build a motor to go along with it. A turbo M10 would be fun, besides I think a turbo'd 1976 2002 would be a fun car to romp on students here at school with. They'd be surprised when a boxy old car rolls them..... 8)

Where is Trent Dawg??????
                          Below the radar...

Comment

I have a spare M10 laying around... and a car with a dissasembled motor that needs some "cancer work" If I can aquire the car for cheap, then I'll build a motor to go along with it. A turbo M10 would be fun, besides I think a turbo'd 1976 2002 would be a fun car to romp on students here at school with. They'd be surprised when a boxy old car rolls them..... 8)

Where is Trent Dawg??????
                            I hear ya about romping on other students cars. A lot of the guys here think my car is a piece because it's "old" and has a lifter tick which makes it seem like the motor is shot. :D

Comment

another standalone unit u may wanna checkout is SDS (sdsefi.com).....everything u'll need for fuel & spark will come in around 1,500, and u don't need a labtop to tune it. (i'm gonna be using their EM-4F when my e21 goes turbo :D )

depending how much power ur looking to reach, u can use a stock rebuild or go a little further and invest in some forged pistons & rods and stiffer valve springs (altho the valve springs are more for extra insurance, because people have rev'd stock m10's to 7500 rpms w/ no damaging valve float.....and the bottom end is said to be good for 10k rpms).

also, what car did ur spare m10 come from? if u can, u should try to pick up a 1.8 liter m10 head, as they flow a little better than the 2.0's and they utilize a different combustion chamber design (nearly a hemi style)....but, u'll need new/custom pistons, cuz the stock pistons will give some low compression (which may be ideal if ur looking for a lot of boost).

hehehe, oh yeah, the formula one based m10 engine (used during the early 80's in the Brabham BT52), maxed the dyno at 1280hp (it was estimated at 1500hp in qualifying trim).
                              m10 engine build photogallery

Comment

Working...
                              X