Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL: Off-Roading and 4x4 Thread.

Blank
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 05-31-2017, 01:25 PM. Reason: Removed Moab Meetup.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Neat.

Here's my junk. Bit of a project. I picked up a set of Dana 44s out of a Wagoneer early this year, that'll be next after getting the tub back in one piece. After that, I'll need to pick up a 4.3 V6 and a Ford T18.

This is an older pic:

What I'm shooting for (pic stolen from Pirate4x4):

Comment

That sounds like it could be a really fun project. I keep going back and forth what mods I want to go for. I kinda want 33s, but I don't want to make it unusable on freeway. Might stick with the 30s just focus on getting undercarriage armor and rock sliders for now.
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
        Might stick with the 30s just focus on getting undercarriage armor and rock sliders for now.
        Same. I need to find some skidplates and I find a guy here to fab up some sliders. I'm also gonna start saving up for a while ome setup.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

You guys have any off road YouTube channel recommendations? I'm currently bingeing on the Expedition Overland channel.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Welcome to my channel, a global community for passionate 4WD enthusiasts! If you have a deep love for off-roading, overlanding, touring, adventures, and camping, you've found your ultimate destination. Join me, Ronny Dahl, every Sunday as I take you on thrilling expeditions, sharing invaluable insights and captivating footage from our real-life escapades across Australia. Learn from a wealth of practical knowledge gained through years of immersive exploration and vehicle builds. Don't miss out on this extraordinary journey - hit that Subscribe button and unlock a treasure of free 4WD, off-road, and camping wisdom. Let's embark on unforgettable off-road adventures together!
            willschnitz

Comment

Those little Sammys are awesome!

I also like the Dihatsu Rockys...all those little 4x4 things are so cool.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                Those little Sammys are awesome!

I also like the Dihatsu Rockys...all those little 4x4 things are so cool.
                I kinda want to make it non little and lengthen the wheelbase though ha, it does feel sketchy going up and down some hills.
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  You guys have any off road YouTube channel recommendations? I'm currently bingeing on the Expedition Overland channel.
                  Dirt Everyday on the Motor Trend channel is pretty good too. All of their shows are good really...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

You can just be an honorary Toyota member.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      You can just be an honorary Toyota member.
                      Its too late

Ill probably still shitpost there tho stigisan
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        I kinda want to make it non little and lengthen the wheelbase though ha, it does feel sketchy going up and down some hills.
                        I think we talked about that when you got it ;) lol

They are capable and can get into places I cant go with the FZJ, but they have their limits and pucker factor is totally different in a sammy
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

The biggest thing it has going for it is light weight and its approach/departure/breakover angles. Its amazing how little I have to worry about hitting a rock or scraping the rear.

But yeah its never gotten to that point where I think it could flip, as seen in some of my vids, but it does feel funny.
                          willschnitz

Comment

IMG_9635 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                            willschnitz

Comment

Those thing are soo cool! Really popular with the off road scene here, is the off road scene getting popular in the states these days? Seems likes it really taking off here loads of people getting jeeps.

Love the samurai, a good friend just bought an 2008 defender short wheelbase and I think I really need one! Around here its just full of defenders, might get a range rover classic once I sell my e28 since I have an itch for off road shenanigans right now..
                              Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Working...
                              X