No announcement yet.

E34 550iT....The Gristle Hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is so cool, one of my favorite builds!
    Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Thanks guys!

More progress...

Got the fuel system all done up. M73 rails converted to only have an inlet. E46 fuel filter under the car. It's got the built in 3.5BAR regulator, so we'll see how that setup works. I'm using the old return line as the vacuum supply to the regulator.

Got a new windshield installed yesterday. Hype!

....and ended up making a crank holder tool for torquing the M18 crank bolt. It's a stretch bolt.

More tonight. I should have the thing driving this weekend. All this piddly little shit it taking me forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Comment

Guys, you know from my track record I can barely get a project car done.

Really think I'm gonna try to turbo this v12?

(I bought my v8 e30 back BTW)

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            guys, you know from my track record i can barely get a project car done.

Really think i'm gonna try to turbo this v12?

(i bought my v8 e30 back btw)
            buy all the v motors!!!
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I love everything about this. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

My wagon on the other hand.... is quite jealous. :giggle:
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

Got the engine started last night around 8:30pm. Rode that victory wave through to get the driveline all installed. Drove it out of the shop this morning.

To do:
                -Tie up the cooling system
                -Exhaust, install O2 bungs/sensors/harness
                -PS pump, mine broke, so I've got to mod a spare pump to disable the SLS function.

Comment

Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

That touring....amazing.

Comment

New Windshield !!!!!! to be able to see clearly is huge.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

E34 550iT....The Gristle Hammer

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        New Windshield !!!!!! to be able to see clearly is huge.

Lol....seriously. I put a huge star in it with a kayak back in September. Forgot my roof rack when picking it up.

Today I'm wrapping up the cooling system and getting the exhaust on. Then the last thing will be the power steering pump. I somehow broke the one on the car, so I took my spare and modded it....removed the SLS pump guts so it won't blow out when I plug the SLS outlet. Waiting on the reseal kit to get here, probably Tuesday, then I'll have my brakes back (hydroboost) so I can actually drive the thing on the street.

Comment

It's all together. It's got one big issue I'm trying to smooth out...exhaust is incredibly rich.

Fuel pressure is perfect, 42-45 when running. Coolant temp sensor for the DMEs is good, good signals, etc. Good signals FROM the ECUs to the sensor. The pressure regulator is a 3.5BAR one with the e46 fuel filter....OE, I was mistaken, is 3.0BAR, but 7psi shouldn't make THAT big of a difference...especially when the rail pressure is still perfect in spec.

SO....I decided to look more into if it's BURNING the fuel it's getting instead of over fueling. The entire ignition system is new, well....a year old with barely any use over that year...except the plug wires. So I began ohming them out. Not good. #2 was totally open circuit. Of the others only two more were in spec. So I'm going to go through and replace the faulty ones and see what happens. These wires are in pretty bad shape, someone has been all into them, electrical tape, etc. I read one thread where someone had the same problem and it turned out to be the wires, after swapping everything else out, etc, etc.

Comment

Dumbass me. Had #4 and #6 wires swapped on bank two.

She's all better now.

^_^

Comment

^ Glad it was an easy fix
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                                ^ Glad it was an easy fix
                                Believe me, so am I. Still going to swap out the bank 1 wires as several are in pretty poor shape, but this was a HUGE relief. I was gearing up to start leakdown testing, etc....

Comment

Working...
                                X