No announcement yet.

iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7.5 et20 and 16x9 et15. 205/45/16 all around. Rear plastics arches are trimmed underneath and fenders rolled. Fronts clear fine. H&R sports/Koni adjustables.

Comment

15x7 Borbet type H

Comment

BBS RX 16x7,et35.

Last edited by boomer; 07-14-2017, 04:53 PM.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Ive been told you can't run staggered wheels on an ix. Is this true?

Comment

you can provided you use the same tires on all 4 corners. it's rolling diameter, not width, that matters. Not my thing at all though - I can't imagine it would help with the stock ix's understeer tendancies.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Not really my style either I was just wondering. Also would it be possible to run et0 on an ix? I know fender rolling would be required but how would you go a bout that with the flares on?

Comment

offset depends on wheel width. you could run ET0 on a really narrow wheel. on an 8 or 9 inch, not a chance.

you roll the rear fenders the same way, except you trim away the plastic on the flares where they go under the lips.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks so would a et15 work ona 8 inch wheel? And what tire size should be used? I can't stand stretched tires on an 8 inch wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                    Thanks so would a et15 work ona 8 inch wheel? And what tire size should be used? I can't stand stretched tires on an 8 inch wheel.
                    not a chance unless you mega stretch them.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      not a snowballs chance in hell without seriously stretched tires (maybe 195s at most).

double that number and you'll be closer..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ok so more like an 8 inch et38 and I wouldn't have to run streched tires?
                        What are some 8 inch wheels with a lip that would fit? I'm partial to the sportmax 002 style I'd just rather have an 8 inch wheel.
                        Thanks
                        Last edited by 325ix; 10-06-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: add stuff

Comment

ET38 is probably too high. you would likely need a spacer up front to clear the strut. my ET36 wheels have a 3mm spacer to clear the brakes, and the tire is really close (granted they are much wider than usual).

try between ET35-ET30
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just found a set of Drag dr-16s. They are a 16x7 in. wheel with a 40mm offset. What size of spacer would be required front and rear? Also what size of tire would you reccomend? Thanks so much for answering all of my questions.

Comment

they will fit directly, but be far inside the fenders like stock. with a 10mm spacer you could run a 225/45-16, or a 15mm spacer for 205/50-16. if you want to push them out though you'll have to roll the rear fenders & trim the underside of the lips.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

would a 10mm spacer and 225s require fender rolling? I like the wider tires but I don't really want to roll my fenders

Comment

Working...
                                X