No announcement yet.

R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just re-read your notes. Fuck the text book, they are dry and you wont remember what you read half the time just because all the BS i them. Personally, if i attend class and listen i will do well. Its just how my brain works.

If all else fails devise a solid cheating strategy or say youve come down with some reallly bad disease.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
      It's pretty awesome, not gonna lie haha. You guys get any snow up there yet?
      We did last week, about the same time Grand Rapids (where I'm from) got some. I actually think they got more than we did, but it melted fairly quick. Pretty odd for us, usually we have a couple inches on the ground by now.

OP, how did the midterm go?

Comment

I dont study too much only because i take good notes and listen closely in class. It just sticks to me.

But if I get lost in class or are behind, I find having somebody who knows the subject talk about it and talking notes is pretty good.

Also for history, try words by association. Associate certain events with something you can remember. So when you come across it on a midterm, it will help you remember. I agree with "if you cant talk about a subject proficiently, you dont know it"

also take short breaks, it helps keep you relaxed. And DO SLEEP 8 HRS BEFORE TAKING YOUR MIDTERM. it will make things stick.
        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I never studied. I retain stuff mainly if I write it down, i.e. taking notes. As long as I'm in class and copying notes, I do well. Now, usually I was in class on FB or South Park Studios, and my grades *kinda* reflected that.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Had the test! Got a C on the Multiple choice, waiting back on the essay grades.
            Apparently everyone failed the short answers lolz.

Now going to start making a study plan for Finals, which are in the first week of December. Gonna knock that shit out!

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I had a habit of not studying. I crammed quite often, so much in fact that I remember little of College, maybe that was due to something else...
              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                Just get some Adderall, stuff works.
                stopped reading after best possible answer.
                Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                LSx e36TI coming soon
                Originally posted by s0urce
                Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

<-I went to colleges. Study with a lady friend (or whatever floats your boat).

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                  '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                  '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                  '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                  '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

added note, i find when i study in 15 min increments i tend to hold more information rather than studying for an extended amount of time, like 2 hours or so, but i learn more efficiently from repetitiveness.
                    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                    LSx e36TI coming soon
                    Originally posted by s0urce
                    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

I'm back in college again for engineering....16 years after I finished up college the first time around.

I have struggled a bit since going back 2 years ago. I would study for hours and not remember shit. Because it was uninteresting so I wouldn't focus and think of other things going on. I felt like I was 1 of the 7 people in university not using Adderall. I started Vyvanse (new version of Adderral) a couple of weeks ago and it has helped me a lot with focusing and remembering. It's not a replacement for studying though by any means.

this works best for me......

for calculus, differentials and physics type classes....getting with 1 or 2 classmates and have a study session. Anymore people than that and the conversational BS tends to take over. Foreign Language seemed to come pretty easy though. If I enjoyed the subject, it was cake.

Keep up with homework and study what you went over in class that day a little bit each night during the week. I don't do as much work on weekends but still do some studying, especially if a test is coming up at the first part of the week.

Procrastinating is my worst enemy, staying up late as hell to study and cram, then being tired the next day and making stupid mistakes. Since altering my habits, stuff clicks a lot better and I'm much more relaxed in tests.

People that can look at the stuff once, figure it out and never study for tests REALLY PISS ME OFF!!!! hahaha
                      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I like to get some popcorn and sit in the back of the local YMCA when I study. I don't go on Tuesdays anymore though...it's when the nursing home down the street brings in the rehab patients....
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                          I like to get some popcorn and sit in the back of the local YMCA when I study. I don't go on Tuesdays anymore though...it's when the nursing home down the street brings in the rehab patients....
                          You don't happen to have horned rimmed glasses and look like one of "the trailer park boys" do you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Just barely passed a calc exam. I waited until last for my prof to personally grade it. I'm his oldest student and he's only in his late 20's so we talk about video games...so he knew my poor grade was due to Skyrim. DUR.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Damn procrastination has me fucked now too. 30-page term paper (intellectual genealogy) and two 8-10 pagers (sociology of tourism) due on December 1st. Not to mention I have to teach myself a whole course load of shit on geomagnetism for some earth and ocean sciences course I'm not interested in for a final exam in 2 weeks. Help? Haha.

Comment

Haha, found a ghost-writer for one of my shorter papers. $60 bucks isn't a bad deal lol. Thank you shitty economy?

Comment

Working...
                                X