No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I mean, why crap in the toilet when the doing it in the shower would be more efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Yeah, I mean, why crap in the toilet when the doing it in the shower would be more efficient?
      all that efficiency goes out the window when you have to mash your log through the drain hole with your foot.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          all that efficiency goes out the window when you have to mash your log through the drain hole with your foot.
          I seem to recall a eerily similar farbin quote from a LONG LONG time ago, will see if I can find it some time
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I'm really, really good and cooking frozen pizzas. Perfect golden brown every time.
            My Feedback

Comment

^ When we bought our house back in 2013, the only things we bought before we moved in were a Kenmore Elite propane/propane range and a dishwasher.

God damn this thing cooks a mean frozen pizza, I don't even know.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                I'm really, really good and cooking frozen pizzas. Perfect golden brown every time.
                pics
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

MrBurgundy: Any updates on those neighbours of yours, or are they now Ex-Neighbours?
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

I drank three cheap bottles of red wine and ended up murdering all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I drank three cheap bottles of red wine and ended up murdering all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

i enjoy writing....a lot actually. i sometimes think about authoring a book when i retire. perhaps something that chronicles the experiences i have had over my career. i've also taken thousands of photos over the last 20 years. maybe i can find a way to include a few of them as well. i also enjoy reading and appreciate the responses many of you post.

i find myself posting random stories in this thread for several reasons. 90% of the time they wind up here in "nonsense" because it occurred to me that this is a catch-all place of random shenanigans. in thinking about it, really most of the stories i write are about my take on (or experiences) with humanity and its relationship to the world around me.

i think this is going to be the last story for the nonsense thread. the next one that i feel worthy of putting down will go in a new thread that i am thinking about labeling "humanity for better or for worse". something like that........

anyway, this brings us up to today's experience. as is rarely the case, this one has nothing to do with aviation or my career.

my wife and i were driving home from a friend's crawfish boil about 2:30 this afternoon. we stopped by her daughter's house to pick up the grand baby. about 3 blocks from our home, i actually witnessed full on road rage for the first time in my life. yes, we have all seen that sensationalistic shit on TMZ.

as we were pulling up to the intersection, a skinny mexican guy about 25 years old or so gets out of the passenger side of a black SUV, runs over to a metallic green sedan beside him to the right and starts punching the driver in the head. i would say it looked to me like he hit the person in the car perhaps 10 or 12 times. the guy in the green car drove off with the SUV following about 3 feet from his bumper. (why the fuck did the guy in the car roll down the window?)

we just sat there absolutely stunned. it probably took about 10-12 seconds for what was happening in front of me to register let alone do anything about it. it didn't even occur to me at the time to snap a photo or write down a license plate number. after the events unfolded, we drove home and i called 911. since i didn't have a plate number, i can't really imagine it would have done much good unless the guy in the green car called as well.

here it is mid night. this situation has been bothering me all day. i guess i can't put my finger on what it is that has set me off about the entire thing. maybe i look back on it and am disappointed with my relative inaction. maybe I'm just disappointed with humanity. i can't imagine what the guy in the green car did that would have pissed off the little mexican fuck warranting such action?

i do not own a handgun. since it is lawful in the state of texas to keep a loaded handgun in your car, i have been thinking about buying one in the event we have the misfortune to be on the receiving end of a car jacking or the situation i mentioned above. in thinking about it, would a scenario above had warranted me pulling a 9mm out of the glove box to save some insolent motorist from a few fists?

granted, my wife and grandchild were in the car. i suppose it was wise to avoid the conflict altogether since we all made it home today with only a shitty story to tell. i just can't help feeling like i should have done something more.

what say you r3v?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It's rough, and while I'd normally say that you didn't see what precipitated the conflict, so you shouldn't jump in (especially if you had a firearm) as the conflict was probably headed for a non-fatal conclusion. However, it is very odd that the passenger got out to beat the driver of the other car.

I'd say you did about the right thing, call the cops, report it, even after the fact, and the let the guys/gals who do this for a living deal with it.

Comment

You did the right thing. Bringing a gun into a situation like that when everyone is clearly heated, could be a bad idea. What would you do if you tried to diffuse the situation with a handgun and he pulls one out as well? Now you're in a position to take someones life for a road rage incident you were not involved with to begin with. Now everyone in your car is in danger and the people around you are in danger. The only time a gun should be pulled out is if someones life is without a doubt, in danger.

Sometimes doing next to nothing is the best thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              The only time a gun should be pulled out is if someones life is without a doubt, in danger.
                              ...and you have every intention of pulling the trigger.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't have used a gun in that situation. I think that would have only escalated the situation, whereas without the gun, it seemed like the ordeal was over once the guy took off.

And if you do decide to buy a gun, you'll need to know how to use it (which, I'm guessing means regular practice - but I'm not a gun owner). I think it would be more dangerous to have a gun, and not know how to use it vs not having it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X