Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

★★★ NEW NEW NEW - True One Touch, plug and play, 2-stage, e36 switch conversion ★★★★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment sent for 2.

Comment

so at this rate, I might have mine sometime next summer? ;)
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Please add me to the wait list.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          I'm going to cut off orders soon. 2 orders only. I'm shooting for 4-6 weeks for the this batch(less hopefully more like 3 weeks). But please note, there may be some delays if parts are not available - but I'll do my best to work around that.
          ---
          it's been 9 months. Nothing. I'm getting annoyed, honestly dude. I've slipped on stuff before, shit happens etc, but this is pretty ridiculous.

if you can't build them then don't take people's money.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That's not correct.

I'm sorry for the delay. My supplier for the control units has all but dried up. I have 4 more units incomming, and have about 4 units that will ship soon. For now, my hands are tied.

As a backup plan, I'm re-jigging things to manufacture them myself. I just got a key part in yesterday.

At any time, if you, or anyone else, wants to sell your spot in line, just contact me. I have a list of 30+ people that will gladly take your place. I'd be glad to help with that. It's all the same to me. Just send me a PM and I'll make it right for you.

Trust me, I would like to get this batch done as much as anyone.

EDIT: Update - I talked to my supplier, and control units should be available toward the end of this month.

Another update: While I'm waiting for the control units to get back in stock, I'm building all the modified window switches, adapters and harness. Once those are done - I'll set them aside and hope that the control units come available.... But I'll also continue to work on making my own control units just incase, and so that this doesn't happen again.

If/when I can build them myself, I won't run into this issue.

For now, that's all I can do.

EDIT 1/2: ALL SWITCHES/SWITCH HARNESSES ARE DONE - WOOT!. I have another batch of control units coming. Only 8, so it wont cover everyone, but getting close.
            Last edited by george graves; 01-02-2015, 04:30 PM.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

All switches and switch harnesses are done for all orders.

I have 8 control units coming in early next week, and that will fulfill most of the orders once I do the modifications to them. I'll buy more as they come available. Until then, my hands are kinda tied. But the good news is that they(control units) seem to be coming back into stock.

Comment

Still waiting on control units to arrive. So...I made up some adapter boards.

Comment

Why is my name still not on the updated list of batch 2?
                  All three switches have been paid by Paypal.

Comment

Yes. I have your order. (since then it's been shipped)

I've ordered the last of the control units needed to finish all outstanding orders - hopefully my supplier will come through.

Also, have all the bezels need to finish all order.
                    Last edited by george graves; 04-29-2015, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Awesome.
                      Thanks a lot.

Comment

Good news....from my supplier...

you requested item is currently on backorder. At this time, there is an ETA noted for February 6, 2015 indicating the product will become available shortly.
                        After the 6th, all orders should go out. Everyone that has paid.

NOTE: I won't be taking any more orders until I have a new source.
                        Last edited by george graves; 01-22-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

7 control units arrived and are being prepped and modded. And have another batch arriving next week. For now, I've bought up the entire supply available anywhere in the US (again for the 5th time) and anywhere else.

That will be the wrap up for batch 2.

Batch 2 update (one or two of you don't have your screen names, I only have your paypal email - so didn't want to post it publicly)

1.) Netinvader (3 units) PAID (SHIPPED)
                          2.) BMWmanic (2 units) PAID (SHIPPED)
                          3.) achtunge30 (2 units, requested another 2) PAID (SHIPPED) - need extra bezel? (info in pms?)
                          4.) r3z3n (3 units) PAID, (SHIPPED)
                          5.) thenewguy (2 units) PAID (SHIPPED)
                          6.) robrez 4 units PAID - (SHIPPED)
                          7.) Ja Burna (2 units) PAID - (SHIPPED)
                          8.) noahsense (2 UNITS) PAID - (SHIPPED)
                          9) L8 Apex (2 UNITS) PAID - (SHIPPED)
                          10.) KlausMaus - (3 units) (SHIPPED)
                          11.) sandlock (2 units) (SHIPPED)
                          12.) mbenning (2 uints) (SHIPPED)
                          13.) Oldbeema (2 units) DONE - (SHIPPED)
                          14.) nando (1 unit) - (SHIPPED)
                          15.) 17sd (3 units) - (SHIPPED)
                          16.) Adam H. (2 units) - (SHIPPED)

ALL DONE.....On to batch 3.
                          Last edited by george graves; 03-15-2015, 04:12 AM.

Comment

** interested in 2 units for my '91 318is please. Pls put me on the list of 2-3 orders at a time. Thanks!

Comment

YES!!!
                              I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Comment

All control units have been modified and finished. When checking some of the switches, I noticed an inconsistency in the brightness on a few of the switches that I need to address. I'm hoping to get that done this week.

After a few days to ship - I'll be talking a (small) order for the next batch. Most likely there will be small price increase. It's not something I want to do. I'd rather lower the price. But sourcing parts for this project has become such an ordeal, that I have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X