Coupe rear seat in Sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupe rear seat in Sedan?

I've been looking online all night, and I can not find a definitive answer on this topic. I'm curious to see if a late model coupe back seat (top and bottom) will fit in a late model sedan. Thanks in advance for the feedback R3V.

It will, but coupe rear bottom benches are square at the ends and sedan benches are curved so you can slip on in to sit down and not have it in your way.
    Doesn't matter, they both fit - just a different look for the bottom.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That's awesome man, thanks for the help. Trying to piece together a cardinal interior has been really hard. I finally found someone selling an individual rear seat. Beggers can't be choosers at this point. Now to find cardinal sedan carpet.

Comment

Fits fine. Only E30 nerds would know the difference.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Related question...are there any differences in the front seats of a coupe vs. sedan? I would think not but I found a person selling a pair of "sedan only" front seats

Comment

4 door seats dont have the tilt mechanism, but they would fit fine in a 2 door and vice versa.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I found a coupe seat anyway.

Comment

Necropost. Deal with it. Anyone have a pics of a rear coupe seat installed in a sedan? I done looked all over and found no imagery.
                Whatever
                88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Originally posted by potshot View Post
                  Necropost. Deal with it. Anyone have a pics of a rear coupe seat installed in a sedan? I done looked all over and found no imagery.
                  There's really not a difference with the doors closed, with them open there is a curve around the outside where the door opening is on a sedan. I'll see if I can find a pic of mine, I had a coupe seat in my sedan.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Many thanks, sir. Very much appreciated.
                    Whatever
                    88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X