S14 powered 318is is up today and is already at 15k
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      S14 powered 318is is up today and is already at 15k
      A similar car is on Ebay. The Ebay car has been redone head to toe and it looks F'n amazing!
      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Wow... the ebay car is up to $30k. It looks impressively done, but man, I do not know how you ever get that money out of it. That falls in the over-built category. Buy it and drive it for a long time, I guess?

Comment

...so they basically built a 320is.

(yes, I get that it's a 2.3.)

What I don't get, is someone could have bought a 320is for less. Sure, it's the destroked motor, but you get all the Italian market unique additions.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

They both should have 323iS badges
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

320is goes for the same as an M3 from what I've seen (~$30k for a clean, unremarkable example). They are extremely rare in the US.

For my money, I'd take a 325e, put an S52 in it, and install the 320is M-Tech II body kit.

Comment

Alpina C2 2.7 #308 is up now. Be interesting to see if it hits the average for C2's or ends up just shy. I'll throw out 25k as a guess and RNM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

It does look pretty sweet. Maybe closer to $30k

Comment

I don't get the Alpinas. Uglier versions of regular E30s with marginally more power.

I guess they are for people who are allergic to modifications, even reversible ones, who want something that has more performance but is still 100% factory.
                    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                      I don't get the Alpinas. Uglier versions of regular E30s with marginally more power.

I guess they are for people who are allergic to modifications, even reversible ones, who want something that has more performance but is still 100% factory.
                      Sometimes I compare people who collect / like limited edition stuff in the car world to 'sneaker heads' and street fashion addicts. Doesn't matter if its ugly or terribly built or just plain weird...if its rare, they want it.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Nice

I never noticed it before but the alpina rear deck spoiler is wider.....much like the E28.

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Haters gonna hate I guess.
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post

Alpinas are sexy.

If I could go back in time with a billion dollars I'd probably wind up owning like 50 e30s. There's such a huge variety of them and I love what all the tuners did with them back in the day and I'd want every version you could get.
                            My Feedback

Comment

I like Alpinas. My only problem with them is the deep front spoiler with no side skirt looks funky
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah, it can look weird. Though you could order them with the MT1 or later the MT2 side skirts and rear valance in addition to the front Alpina spoiler. It looks pretty good when combined.

There was an "Alpina" side skirt, but I have only seen a handful ever installed, and it didn't look all that great TBH. I'm going to throw the extra Alpina front spoiler I have on the Rat Trap eventually, and maybe experiment with a couple different side skirts to see what works..
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X