What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:(

Hate to say it after wanting this to work out, but I just tried to post a wtb item and the panjo site wanted me to use 150 more characters in my description box before it would post the item???? Well, that did not work. I have used Panjo a lot, so there must be something wrong with the wtb page, or maybe I am just doing something wrong??
    jm

Comment

so...i advertised a set of M roadster seats and an s52 on panjo several months back. i ended up selling both items locally. i believe both buyers found my ad on bimmerforums/panjo. i never paid any fees to sell either item. i assume because they were sold outside of the ad or that the buyer never clicked the buy it now button?

anyway, i don't mind paying 6% especially if it goes to keeping this forum or bimmerforums operational. i understand that it is human nature to resist change, but its not as if the sky is falling.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Rennlist only charges you a yearly membership if you want access to post in the classifieds section. Seems to work well.

Comment

To me is not about the percentage the charge for nothing, is publicising yor personal information and credit card on sites the I've never heard of, if the site needs money to keep running chare a membership and you will weed out all the bad seeds, S14 takes donations for whatever is needed once they reach the desired amount they would not accept any more.

Comment

It's still unknown as to what will happen with any extra money left over after the costs of running the site are covered (if that happens via Panjo). I would really like to see a counter/breakout of money raised via Panjo/donations just for transparency, and so people don't feel like someone is just pocketing money.

Comment

There is no "leftover" money. R3v loses money every year as far as I know. But that's up to James if he wants to talk about it.

You also aren't required to use Panjo to process payments - the 6% fee is entirely optional. You only need the account to make postings. You could use paypal or whatever you were doing before just fine.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Left over funds could help fund sanctioned e30 events in different regions so people don't feel left out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

What R3V and other forums truly needed was a way to force people to list what they were selling correctly. Look at craigslist today, you must enter in:
                  • Title
                  • Description
                  • Year
                  • Make/Model
                  • Fuel
                  • Title Status
                  • Transmission

This can also be changed for parts obviously but at least having these certain things such as transmission and make/model will allow people to only see what they want to see.

Panjo forces you to show the location and has a better image hosting than R3V...that's it. The argument about safer transactions isn't accurate. You can get scammed no matter what. It's the people who gift with PayPal or don't understand how claims work who truly get scammed because they aren't being smart.

I'd rather pay a yearly fee for posting in the classifieds section (rare for me compared to others). The idea that Panjo makes what R3V makes is stupid to me since they don't truly make the experience better. I'd much rather give R3V the entire amount if there had to be a 3rd party payment system though of course it's not that simple.

This is my feedback and nothing more. I don't own the site or pay for it and understand the decision was probably thought out though I believe the cons still outweigh the pros.

By the way, I forgot to mention. I noticed agent edited my post to help clean up a link and my linked Panjo images went away. This is another con if that is to happen as well... Either it was a bug or agent didn't like my pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	H+hPZ0X+mDV6gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	7186223
                  Last edited by tonerrrr; 07-06-2016, 12:55 PM.

instagram: @tonerrrr
                  High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

Originally posted by tonerrrr View Post
                    I noticed agent edited my post to help clean up a link and my linked Panjo images went away. This is another con if that is to happen as well... Either it was a bug or agent didn't like my pics
                    Sorry about that - it wasn't a clickable link until I edited it, though I may have grabbed too much.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i cant say im entirely thrilled about the idea by itself, HOWEVER, if it means we wont end up like e30 tech, im all for it, i wouldnt even mind giving $100 a year to the forum, its better than mitchell on demand or any other service you can buy, (granted that this is only really good for bmw's)

Comment

I don't understand what was wrong with the r3v classified section in the first place. Panjo plain sucks, that's why I stopped going on bimmerforums. I guess all good things come to an end and this seems to be the beginning of the end for R3v. If R3v needs money to stay a float then lets have a yearly funds drive like S14 does, it works like a charm there and that's why it's still the best BMW related board.

Comment

Originally posted by IDM View Post
                          I don't understand what was wrong with the r3v classified section in the first place.
                          sigpic
                          1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            There is no "leftover" money. R3v loses money every year as far as I know. But that's up to James if he wants to talk about it.

You also aren't required to use Panjo to process payments - the 6% fee is entirely optional. You only need the account to make postings. You could use paypal or whatever you were doing before just fine.
                            This, what Nando said above.

Here's the deal, Every.. Single.. Day, I get people complaining about users in for sale threads, prices too high, ripoffs, scammers, etc.. every... single...day.

So I respond to some of them, however i have a day job and a life, so I get behind, now I have people complaining about how, "James never responds, James does not care, etc...etc"

Panjo and I started talking and yes its also a business decision, I cannot handle playing Judge Judy for the classifieds section, I cannot ask someone for FREE to handle that either, Panjo works as a third party, hence why they need to be paid as well.

Yes, change sucks, No you don't need to use Panjo for payment if you don't want to, yes this is for the best.

Every single thing needs to at least pay for itself.. I ran this thing for over 6 years without making a dime on it, and at the point now I need R3V to be in the black on my books, its a business as well as something i'm very passionate about.

This year we lost money, the E30Picnic R3V party was down in attendance, so we lost about $600 bucks, that I paid for out of pocket, so all of those who attended could have a good time.

Please don't turn this into a, "James just wants to make money thing", and please don't turn this into a "this is the death of R3V thing"

The world is not free, every month I get hosting bills, we have server upgrades and replacement, licensing fee's, etc.. it all adds up..

Those running with pitchforks need to realize things from my perspective as well

Comment

Originally posted by tonerrrr View Post
                              What R3V and other forums truly needed was a way to force people to list what they were selling correctly. Look at craigslist today, you must enter in:
                              • Title
                              • Description
                              • Year
                              • Make/Model
                              • Fuel
                              • Title Status
                              • Transmission

i agree with this strongly. a big % of r3v members post this stuff but there are many who post bullshit ads in need of more info.
                              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Just opened up a new FS using Panjo for the first time. Initial thoughts... It's not ideal and I will not link my CC. However I don't mind supporting this forum with some cash contributions to keep it going. Any way I can do this?
                                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Working...
                                X