• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant or casoline?

My old oil smelled like gasoline and looked like this:
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

There's a ufo under your car. It smells of casoline.

If 'twere coolant, you'd have brown, cloudy oil.

You're running really rich...

...he guesses, or maybe your fp regulator's poped it's diaphragm.
    t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYfJTzDo-MA
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Test to see if gasoline in pan by lighting on fire, video results and post please
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
        Thoughts?
        Disable the anti-gravity device before changing oil next time, should solve your issues. Pretty sure it's fuse 31.

Comment

looks like its over fueling or something like not firing, stuck injector etc and some condensate to
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Disable the anti-gravity device before changing oil next time, should solve your issues. Pretty sure it's fuse 31.
            Beat me to it!
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

How long since you did the last oil change? How bad does it smell like gas?
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. Some were more funny than helpful but thanks. I had been trying to start the car without success and couldn't figure out the no start issue. Changed plugs, coil, oil (noticed gas smell) filters, cleaned maf, and intake. Finally it was determined that my 5 month old battery was bad. After all, car started right up with white smoke. Could be a result of events and combination of issues. Took it to the mechanic to get a second opinion. That morning the car ran like new. Murphy's law. No smoke, starts right up, even the idiling became smooth. Wonder what the mechanic will tell me this week, when they looked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                  How long since you did the last oil change? How bad does it smell like gas?
                  Bought the car a month ago. Po told me recently. They all say that:) pretty bad smell. Also very thin. Check oil light has been on too, even after oul change.

Comment

So you have been cranking it and cranking it with no start for ages? Your cylinders have been filling with fuel and its been leaking past your rings into the sump

Since it is a new car to you, replace all fluids and then monitor levels.

And also ignore everything the previous owner told you.

Comment

Some helpful stuff

You should read this page https://silveressay.com/ where collected great writing tips.

Comment

And everything the bot above posted, too...

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

:)

Car runs ok now. Not sure what tge issue was but a thorough maintenance seems tonhave solved it. Thanks to the ones with constructive comments!

Comment

Are you trying to say that the non-constructive comments were not funny and you did not enjoy them??!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

And also ignore everything the previous owner told you.
                              ...and everything you read on the internet.
                              No, Rogue, we're not very funny, he's right...

t

Comment

Working...
                              X