First time e30 purchase....need buying help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time e30 purchase....need buying help

I'm not sure if this is the right location for my question. Been searching for a clean e30 manual for 6+ months now. I came across this 1989 325is with beautiful cardinal red interior.

EBAY POSTING
    Last edited by Rusty.Piranha; 06-06-2017, 02:54 PM.

Weird he won't email you the copies. If he's not going to show the invoices, why even mention it?

I've never bought a car online, because I always like seeing the car in person. Anyways, there are nowhere near enough pics for me to even consider buying over ebay
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

wtf kind of response is that? How can he expect people to offer when he won't show you invoices about major work...

I mean, if you're really interested in the car, just send him an offer just above the last bid, so you can see those invoices.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

He probably doesn't want to spend the time getting the paperwork from his friend and sending it over if you aren't an interested party. Too many nose-pickers on Ebay.

I'd shoot straight and give him a number you are comfortable with (somewhat lower than your max).

I wouldn't let that inquiry stand between me and a nice car.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

that is a passenger seat... the slider handle at the bottom should be on the other side.

You can probably take the seat apart and get a donor sport seat and put the nice cardinal on the drivers seat the way it's supposed to be.. but this should be reflected in the price. Mention that to him since he's being a douche

as far as the confusion of work done, he was probably thinking of a different car if he's a dealer/broker.

Also, those wheels are pretty cheap reps. You are paying mostly for the paint and the interior. I don't think I'd pay more than 5k for it in this market

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Please note the following:

If you are new to eBay or have a feedback score of less than 5 or negative feedback of any kind, please contact me prior to bidding. If you do not contact me, I reserve the right to cancel your bid without notice.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^lol

also, the little positive feedback is from people he's purchased from. There's only one piece of feedback pertaining to a car purchased from him.

Comment

patience patience patience. It will suck more having a car you're not happy with for what you payed, than waiting for the right car.

Really though, the lack of pictures is pretty bad. If you're going to make a living selling cars for people, you should know pictures are key. Also, make sure he sends you a pic of the door jam sticker to make sure this is even a real IS.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  If you're going to make a living selling cars for people, you should know pictures are key.
                  Unless, he is, as stated, doing the listing for a friend of his.

Eric has bigger fish to fry typically.
                  EDIT REMOVED LINK, SINCE THIS SELLER IS A FAKE.

When you deal with ebay tire-kickers you end up a bit salty. If you don't want to pay more than 5k on a car already at 4k with 5 days left.... that makes you a tire kicker.
                  Last edited by SkiFree; 04-27-2017, 08:45 AM.
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Misread the statement up top..

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                      Unless, he is, as stated, doing the listing for a friend of his.

Eric has bigger fish to fry typically.
                      (Season 2, episode 3): Formula Drift Champion Chris Forsberg takes us on a tour of garages around the country, from professional outfits to grassroots backya...

When you deal with ebay tire-kickers you end up a bit salty. If you don't want to pay more than 5k on a car already at 4k with 5 days left.... that makes you a tire kicker.
                      What would you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha
                        I ran the vin on a couple free sites

iirc they all come up as both? maybe someone can confirm or correct me. But way to know is the door jam sticker. It will say 325i/325is

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                          That may be true, though when you sell cars on eBay, you should be prepared to answer questions not already answered in the ad. I'm certainly not going to offer top dollar for a car until ALL my questions have been answered. That's worked out pretty well for me so far.

Also:

This is a serious auction for serious buyers only. Please ask all relevant questions prior to bidding. This vehicle is being sold as-is. By placing a bid, you are agreeing to these terms of sale.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha
                            I ran the vin on a couple free sites and it came back with:

1989 BMW 3 SERIES 325I / 325IS

&

1989 BMW 3 Series
                            VIN: WBAAA2308K4578364
                            325I
                            2L NA I6 single overhead cam (SOHC) 12V
                            When you run the VIN the build sheet will come up as a "325i", but it should have the following options:

Model -325i - USA

Options:
                            209 - Limited Slip Differential
                            226 - Sports Suspension Settings
                            240 - Leather Steering Wheel
                            281 - Lm-rad 6 1/2 X 14
                            324 - Front-und Heckspoiler
                            481 - Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
                            551 - On-board Computer Ii W Remote Control
                            562 - Map Reading Light
                            841 - Aussensp.in Wag.fa.u.325is Sch

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            But way to know is the door jam sticker. It will say 325i/325is
                            Door jam sticker will also confirm
                            Last edited by Zeemz; 04-26-2017, 03:36 PM.
                            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                              that is a passenger seat... the slider handle at the bottom should be on the other side

People who this kind of hokey stuff should be avoided. Who knows where else this guy cut corners? I shutter to think.

Almost no feedback as a seller would also send me running. If it were local and you could inspect first hand, then maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X