help fixing my daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help fixing my daily?

So i changed the clutch on my 05 Ford Focus (zx4 SE 2.0 duratec) and for a couple of days after the car was running great and shifting fine.

today after starting up the car the RPMs stayed really high roughly 2kish then if i press down on the gas it stays at where ever I revved to until i turn off the car.

I did not have time to really do much since it was dark but i was wondering if anyone has had one of these or has any ideas what could be wrong?

i did check to see if the cable was sticking, and that was ok the only thing that seemed weird was that the little yellow im guessing the IMRC stayed open after revving it up and would not go down.

Congrats on the Focus!
    I also have the same daily but miles an SES ZX4 with auto.

Since I'm not familiar with issue on these cars with stick, I'd suggest you set up an acct here. Very knowledgeable group who are always willing to help.
    A forum community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

good luck!
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

thanks stanley, i usually ask here since r3v has a faster response than most other forums. i think it might be my ICV possibly but i checked all the vacuum lines i could and cleaned my throttle plate since on these cars they can stick. nothing changed when i would unplug it or block it off so im still at a loss for now.

well back to the hunt.

Comment

update. unplugging my MAF sensor caused the car to idle normally and not hold on to revs. so im guessing the car went into a default fuel trim. so im guessing replace the sensor. if that does not fix it then im back to square one.

Comment

Working...
        X