No announcement yet.

Best Sway bar for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE makes a 19mm rear bar now, in addition to the 22mm - for those of you who think 22mm is too big (me included).

I still haven't decided what I'm going to use, I'm going to try the adjustable links first and then figure out what kind of f/r setup I want.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I am interested in ST bars and SBI camber kits, I can't get to the website, can anyone post a link to someone that is a good seller, that isn't really expensive. I have a Convertible, if that changes anything
      Last edited by Mastrcruse; 11-11-2005, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I also have the Suspension Techniques front and rear swaybars and I am loving them as well. The car sits extremely flat through the twisties and drives very smoothly with my Bilstein/ H&R settup.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse
          I am interested in ST bars and SBI camber kits, I can't get to the website, can anyone post a link to someone that is a good seller, that isn't really expensive. I have a Convertible, if that changes anything
          I am the seller for SBI. PM me.
          Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
            Doesn't Fporro? I have ST's and like them but I converted to M3 strut style.
            yeap, i run IE's 25/22 kit.
            they are pretty stiff but don't have anything else to compare them too.

is there someone else in L.A. Area with a diffeent set ?

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              IE makes a 19mm rear bar now, in addition to the 22mm - for those of you who think 22mm is too big (me included).

I still haven't decided what I'm going to use, I'm going to try the adjustable links first and then figure out what kind of f/r setup I want.
              Nando, get your self a front Cabrio bar and use adjustable links on it.
              ST and others are actually same size as front oem cabrio bars.

as per rear, biggest would be 14.5mm from M3's.

Comment

front cabrio bar isn't going to work on an ix ;)

there is the ix touring bar, but it's only 1mm larger (18mm). it's cheap though (~$100), but I'm going to see how the car feels after I dial the preload out of the stock sways.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

M3/Cabrio combo is working for me! 14.5 and 21mm respectively. I go tthe whole setup for about $120

Comment

Shox.com was quoting $289 for their ST sways. I sent an email about a R3V discount. I will update in this thread when I receive a response.
                    sigpic

Comment

I got an email back and they said $269. I'm gonna search around the net and see who can offer me the best price.
                      sigpic

Comment

I run IE's big bars and have had to compensate for them w/my springs (GC coilovers 550 front/600 rear) and am running the front bar at full stiff, while the rear is full soft. This is a track-only car, and I like the setup very much now. But with a typical set of springs (non-adjustable), the 22mm rear bar is just too big. For autocrosses I undo one of the rear links entirely (no rear bar). Otherwise, the car is just way too tail happy.

Comment

nando what is this touring bar you speak of? Also i have an ST rear bar but i don't have the reinforcements yet so its not installed. those spherical links should be a nice upgrade. Unfortunetely i have spent a lot of money on the old ix recently so spending is on hold until i get my brakes done and a new set of wheels.

Comment

ok so anyone want to chime in on best bars for a cabrio.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

probably the same as the ones that are good for an i/is but keep in mind there is more weight in the back so that bar everyone thinks is too stiff might be just right.

Comment

I just installed the suspension technique sway bars and now the car starts to have these squeaking sound in the rear, is that normal? Does anyone else have the same problem?
                                2005 BMW 545i 6M
                                2005 Toyota Corolla CE
                                2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Comment

Working...
                                X