X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pics

Hi guys,
    since you all seem to like my car, here a few more pictures :

Here is the VDO/Alpina digital instrument that replace the left central air outlet, the outlet is still able to perform its air vent function ( or instrument cooling ), although you lose the left/right flow adjustement, but who cares ??

I saw some going on Ebay for 400 to 500 Euros.

top left is the LSD oil temp.
    top right is engine oil temp.
    bottom left is intake manifold air pressure.
    bottom right is engine oil press.

1988 E30 ALPINA B3 2.7 #224/257 Made in Buchloe

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

wow, those gages are awesome, good info on those...your car just keep getting better :p
      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

such a prestigious E30 here in R3VLimited!!!!!:pimp:
        IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

nice alpina! welcome!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow, such an awesome and amazing car. Welcome to the forums.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

speechless....
              HDE30 <3

Comment

wow.

don't see those every day..

welcome.

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

your car is unbelievable. Just so I'm clear, someone took an original Alpina car, and took the head off to convert it to run on whatever LPG is? What the hell was wrong with them?? Please clear this up for me.

Comment

You just gave Ryan Stewart permanent wood.

Fucking GORGEOUS car! It's soo cool to see an authentic Alpina car. It's always such a treat to see real aftermarket-tuner cars.

Comment

Elle est belle ta caisse!! Il y a un mec en région parisienne qui a une PH1 alpina 3.5, mais j'ai oublie' son nom. Dis, tu bosses pour EADS? Bienvenue sur R3v!!!

Le p'tit belge,
                      Julien
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Lpg

Originally posted by thejimlab
                        your car is unbelievable. Just so I'm clear, someone took an original Alpina car, and took the head off to convert it to run on whatever LPG is? What the hell was wrong with them?? Please clear this up for me.
                        Hi again,

well for the LPG conversion, one of the previous owner used the car daily for work for about 1 year, and put 40.000km on the clock.
                        Since LPG is much cheaper to buy here in France, this guy figured out that the conversion price was worthy.

It happends that the cylinder head has been replaced around the same period...So my guess is that he just wrecked the old cylinder head.

My bill for the cylinder head states, the head from Alpina, plus 12 valves, so it sounds to me like it has been worn out fast by the different LPG combustion.

In any case, the conversion has been uninstalled by the next owner, whom I baught the car from.

The only remainder is the hole below the rear bumper, but that is nothing that a bodyshop can't fixed...

cheers / Pierre

PS :Again many thanks to all for the great comments, it's really appreciated.

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is
                          Il y a un mec
                          Ha, I was told that "mec" was used as an informal way of saying "person" back in French class in high school. I guess it's still used!

His English is better than r3v member Souvrain, fo shizzle.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is
                            Elle est belle ta caisse!! Il y a un mec en r&#233;gion parisienne qui a une PH1 alpina 3.5, mais j'ai oublie' son nom. Dis, tu bosses pour EADS? Bienvenue sur R3v!!!

Le p'tit belge,
                            Julien
                            Hi Julien,

I will answer you in english for the english readers here in the forum.
                            I am aware of some other Alpina around Paris but I don't know the owners nor who they are... For your info I am not working for EADS.
                            Lets say I am an aircraft engineer, I work in an airline, trying to fix huge aeroplanes.

Cheers / Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by FredK
                              Ha, I was told that "mec" was used as an informal way of saying "person" back in French class in high school. I guess it's still used!

His English is better than r3v member Souvrain, fo shizzle.
                              Hi Fred,

yes "mec" is very in use in french, it just means "a guy", now if you call somebody by : " he, mec !", the english translation would be : "hey, sport !"

cheers / Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by pegase747
                                Hi Julien,

I will answer you in english for the english readers here in the forum.
                                I am aware of some other Alpina around Paris but I don't know the owners nor who they are... For your info I am not working for EADS.
                                Lets say I am an aircraft engineer, I work in an airline, trying to fix huge aeroplanes.

Cheers / Pierre
                                okay man, whatever floats your boat.
                                The other memeber is actually on this forum also, but you can find him on 6enligne.. My girlfriend works for EUROCOPTER in that's why i asked about EADS. Oh, i just remembered his name "Thomas Oliveaux". Formalities on this forum are usually left at the door (you'll understand when you hang out a bit more ;-)

Ciao
                                Ju
                                Build Threads:
                                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                                X