Hardtop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardtop Question

The piece of either plastic or fiberglass that's above where the front handles are for the hardtop. Does anyone know how to remove this piece? They are normally covered in gray vinyl to match the rest of the vinyl on the hardtop but for some reason the vinyl is peeling off of this section of mine. I was just going to take it off and paint it. I assume the front handles have to be removed but does anyone know of any other hidden screws or anything I need to remove in order to get it off? I assume it's just glued in place but I also know what can happen when I assume.

Thanks

No idea. But I do know that painting a hard-top is quite an undertaking. Lots of work involved to make it look decent.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
      No idea. But I do know that painting a hard-top is quite an undertaking. Lots of work involved to make it look decent.
      Not looking to repaint the whole hardtop. Just the piece I'm trying to get off. The vinyl is peeling off of it and it looks really bad so I thought I would just paint it instead of trying to fix the vinyl.

Comment

No idea how to remove that header piece either but if you find out please let us know. The vinyl on mine is peeling away slightly too and drives me crazy. When I had the headliner replaced I asked them to glue it back and it's better but still annoying.
        Last edited by JWHIII; 11-14-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X