1984 318i IDLE ISSUES vol. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 318i IDLE ISSUES vol. 1

ok so i bought a 84 318i when i bought it the line goin from the vac. adv. to (what i call) electric valve (please inform me if wrong) wasnt hooked up and car idled fine, but when i hooked this hose back up and replaced other vac hoses that were faulty when i started the car it would idle fine then creep up in rpms till eventually 3k and stayed steady. replaced other hoses checked my icv and icm they work switched the hoses on electric valve to what i assume right with the bottom hose goin to intake and side goin to vac. adv. with top plugged. now she idles at 2000 with icv turned all way in. (is my icv bad?? i got one coming in mail) Is there anyone who can give some insight. I got from 3000 to 2000 i know i can get her down to 900 where she needs to be im jus overlooking something. :( btw goin down road when i accelerate sometimes nothing like 2000rpm with pedal to floor and sometimes hesitation like its not getting enough fuel but sitting still engine accelerates just fine. any help would be appreciated!!!
    thanks david
    Last edited by NO MSG; 03-23-2013, 12:39 PM. Reason: im retarded

There's lots of idle discussion here already.

Comment

yeah i know...ive been up and down the pages

Comment

I discovered that if one of the hoses going into the icv gets kinked, the rpms went down some.

Comment

vol. 2

slapped on new icv same problem but i hear the temperature sender sensor wtfe could frizzle my idle up cause when i first start this thing she runs fine right at 900rpm after about a few min like a switch comes on and engine jumps to 2000 so i finally got that in the mail gonna switch em out and post reply

Comment

it did nothing.......

Comment

Working...
            X