Obama payed 400M for hostages to be released from Iran, WSJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama payed 400M for hostages to be released from Iran, WSJ

The Obama White House airlifted $400 million worth of foreign cash to Iran just as Iran released four Americans it had been holding in prison, The Wall Street Journal reports.

You don't think that's not going to cause any waves.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

It's quite possible that releasing the hostages was a condition of payment for a legitimate debt to another sovereign nation/surety against nuclear program resumption. Normally such actions take place some time apart to not get the spin that the US is paying ransom (which we've done before).

Of course, it's hard to say if they will honor their agreement on the latter half of those issues. There's probably some non-public agreement to assist in the fight against or not support ISIS further, which Iran may be happy to do if it thinks that ISIS is finished. Also remember how few gains ISIS has made since January.

Comment

Maybe, but doubting it. Maybe though I'm sure more will come out on soon enough.

Comment

Someone mentioned in the comments about Veteren's Today not feeling the love for McCain, so I had to dig a little and see what they said.

Google gave me back quite a few articles, including this from last year:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07...iot-or-trader/

As some one said, maybe Trump knows more than he lets on.. Or maybe he's just lucky.

..or maybe McCain and Obama are actually world class jewel thieves.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

loool at the url on that link,

john-sidney-mccain-iii-patriot-or-trader

you're really scraping the barrel to find a source like this one, maybe you should research this site further before using it to make your point.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            loool at the url on that link,

john-sidney-mccain-iii-patriot-or-trader

you're really scraping the barrel to find a source like this one, maybe you should research this site further before using it to make your point.
            I was trying to make a point?

..not really. Just more or less curious to why someone in the comments of the above article made a reference to that site and that it showed no love for McCain. From what I remember years ago, he was loved by all vet's which is/was part of why he was supported so strongly going in to the 2008 election.

But that's a topic for another thread.

Meanwhile:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/07...wish-officers/

I've read that article 6 times now, and still have no clue what the 'ell they are saying!
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Wonder if this was brokered through the Clinton foundation :giggle:
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Lol so they just said that its part of a 1.7 billion dollar payment from an arms deal done in the 60's.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

It was from the last days of the Shah of Iran so 79 time frame, just before he became sick.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    It was from the last days of the Shah of Iran so 79 time frame, just before he became sick.

Ah i thought i heard him say 69 for some reason on the news.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Ah i thought i heard him say 69 for some reason on the news.
                      400 million dollar weapons deal nullified by the new regime, US didn't want to sent the weapons.. withheld the money until now and return with interest.. seems reasonable.. unless you don't like it at say its hostage payment....

which we have not done that since... Reagan?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Wonder if this was brokered through the Clinton foundation :giggle:
                        qft

Comment

Working...
                        X