Conforti trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conforti trouble

Hey guys I recently picked up a used conforti chip to put I'm my stock 325i, I installed it correctly(I double and triple checked), and the car won't start, it cranks, but that's it, as soon as I put the stock chip back in it starts fine.. Any Ideas? I'm thinking someone sold me a fried chip..
    1991 325i Mtechnic : : 1995 Jeep Wrangler : : 2008 Audi A8l
    2016 Triumph Scramber : : 1970 Honda CL350 x2 : : 1974 Honda XL 350
    1975 BMW R75/6 : : 1946 Ben Hur Jeep Trailer

Did the chip require bigger injectors or a m30 afm?

Comment

^ even if the chip was meant for 24lbhr injectors and an m30 AFM, it would still start, it just wouldn't run right and might die out.

Sometimes the chips just don't seat right, try removing it, making sure all the pins are clean and aligned, and then give it another shot. They are prone to electrostatic damage, so great care must be taken when shipping and installing these things. I use heat sealed anti-static bags to make sure nothing happens during shipping, but sometimes between my programmer and the ECU the chip can still be damaged. The only way to know for sure is to have sometime diagnose the chip itself.

Are you sure it's the right chip for your ECU?

Comment

As far as i know its the most idiot proof, plug-and play chip for the m20.. Has the year range stamped right on it and everything..

Comment

It's possible that it needs to be mated with an decryption board, is it a turner/Conforti chip?

Edit: I will try to find a pic of what I am talking about, is there a part number on it?
          Last edited by whodwho; 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM.
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Is there a way you could jumper the board in order to test it's working or something? Sorry, not familiar with the particular chip.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
            Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
              It's possible that it needs to be mated with an decryption board, is it a turner/Conforti chip?

Edit: I will try to find a pic of what I am talking about, is there a part number on the chip?
              Here is a couple pics of that dycryption board I was mentioning

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
                Here is a couple pics of that dycryption board I was mentioning

Well that chip looks similar to mine, what does that board do exactly?

Comment

They encrypt the code on the chip to make it more difficult to copy and the decryption board decrypts the code on the chip so the ECU can read it.

Not all turner chips use it, what part number is on yours?
                  My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Working...
                  X