Euro spec m30b34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
    US spec B34 with b34 head. thatll give you the best head flow and lowest compression.
    I realize this is an old thread, but you're incorrect.
    As a public service, C/Rs:
    US b34/b34 head 8:1 Good choice
    EU b34/b34 head 10:1 Bad choice
    US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice
    EU b34/b35 head 9.11:1 Really bad idea
    So, adding a b35 head to a b34 block would give you the lowest compression and best flow. Do not use a b35 intake on a b34 head or vise-versa. The ports are shaped differently. Also don't use a B35 head on a EU b34 because the piston crowns are shaped differently than the combustion chamber of the b35 head and will hit the head unless you use a thick head gasket. But using piano top pistons in a turbo build is silly anyway.
    '88 e28 B9
    '74 e12 525

Comment

You can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        You can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though
        Sadly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo? Why not just use the correct manifold for the head? A b35 manifold is a step backward on a b34 head because of the port mismatch. Anyway, we see things differently, I guess. Good luck with your build.
        '88 e28 B9
        '74 e12 525

Comment

Euro spec m30b34

Originally posted by BuzzBomb View Post
          Sadly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo? Why not just use the correct manifold for the head? A b35 manifold is a step backward on a b34 head because of the port mismatch. Anyway, we see things differently, I guess. Good luck with your build.

For 1.3 motronic I know tons who use b35 intake and port match. Including Otis...
          Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 04-29-2015, 10:30 AM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Hate to inform you but, If you port the B34 head to match the B35 intake it works very well.
            I have run a B34 head with the B35 intake.

And this is the worst possible advice----> "US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice"

Compression that low is for engine management technology from the 80's.
            I suggest you read up on actual facts and data before spreading misinformation.
            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by good & tight View Post
              hate to inform you but, if you port the b34 head to match the b35 intake it works very well.
              No shit. I never said it wouldn't. Did you even read the statements that i responded to? Let me help you:
              Statement: "you can use a b35 intake in a b34 head it won't hurt anything. If you add forced induction then you should port match your head to the intake though"
              my response: "why would you knowingly put an intake manifold on a head with ports that don't match? And port match it when going turbo?"
              His statement implied that it is fine to use mismatched ports, unless you were going with forced induction. I corrected him. You agree with me, but want to argue about it i guess.

i have run a b34 head with the b35 intake.
              High Five!

and this is the worst possible advice----> "us b34/b35 head 7.45:1 best choice"
              Again, read the original statement: "us spec b34 with b34 head. Thatll give you the best head flow and lowest compression." my answer is correct and directed at that statement. B34-b34 is not the best flow, and not the lowest compression combination. Prove me wrong. It is "best choice" in response to his original statement suggesting the lowest compression from the given combinations.

compression that low is for engine management technology from the 80's.
              If you say so.
              i suggest you read up on actual facts and data before spreading misinformation.
              i'll be sure and do that, since all my facts are so wrong. Yeah, i'll get right on that.
              :zzz:
              '88 e28 B9
              '74 e12 525

Comment

:zzz:
                You help me..? Now that's laughable. Not here to argue at all, carry on.....
                Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but you're incorrect.
                  As a public service, C/Rs:
                  US b34/b34 head 8:1 Good choice
                  EU b34/b34 head 10:1 Bad choice
                  US b34/b35 head 7.45:1 Best choice
                  EU b34/b35 head 9.11:1 Really bad idea
                  So, adding a b35 head to a b34 block would give you the lowest compression and best flow. Do not use a b35 intake on a b34 head or vise-versa. The ports are shaped differently. Also don't use a B35 head on a EU b34 because the piston crowns are shaped differently than the combustion chamber of the b35 head and will hit the head unless you use a thick head gasket. But using piano top pistons in a turbo build is silly anyway.

totally meant b35 head... my bad.
                  = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Working...
                  X