e30 m10 motor mounts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m10 motor mounts help

Hey I'm having trouble lining up my motor mounts perfectly.
    have a large jack with a 2/6 board under the oil pan of the engine.
    Seems to be leaning towards the driver side just a hair.

Any help or tips are great.

I just fished a long list of repairs on this car did them all myself and the engine mounts are the last of the everything.

Thanks!!!

You can loosen the arms where they connect to the engine and the two nuts that hold the tranny to the chasis if need be. The m10 is light. You should be able to wiggle it to get it to move that last hair.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
      You can loosen the arms where they connect to the engine and the two nuts that hold the tranny to the chasis if need be. The m10 is light. You should be able to wiggle it to get it to move that last hair.

If he's changing the motor mounts and he removes the tranny mounts, what's going to hold the engine in place? Its just going to balance on this jack under the oil pan, doesn't sound good to me.

It is not recommended to use the oil pan to jack the engine up. Although your 2x6 may distribute the load enough. I would put a wood block under the bell housing of the trans where it bolts up to the block and jack from there.

Comment

Loosen, not remove the tranny mount so the engine/tranny can move a little in the bay. Pry bars will help out with the job.

Putting a block of wood on the jack and jacking up the pan is fine. Its not even close to enough weight to do damage to the pan.

The Build:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Okay thanks guys I'll try this tomarrow I am going to try jacking from the block/bellhousing and using a little more muscle to get it to line up.

Comment

Working...
          X