Added a Touring to the collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a Touring to the collection!

Picked this up on eBay of all places a few weeks ago. Car made it back to Cleveland just fine but I do have to say I will not be driving in, around, or through downstate NY for a VERY long time. The traffic on a Saturday morning is baffling. :hitler:

Anyway... here's some pics. 135k, AC works, Sunroof works, CD changer still works. Even found some OEM bicycle attachments for the roof rack (which is sadly missing). Once my '91 gives up the ghost the 5 speed will be going into the wagon! ;D The car is in decent shape, Oxford Green. Looks like it's been resprayed once - it's not terrible, and the driver's fender needs a bit of repair, but hey it's a DD. Interior is hanging in there, headliner definitely needs some work but the Touring has a 4 piece headliner so it will be easier than on a sedan.

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Nice score!

FYI, if you don't have a sunroof, the headliner is ONE giant piece.

Comment

Love the touring!

Comment

So far I've lubed the crap out of the sunroof(s). Good to see they're holding up. The arm on the wind deflector popped off its bracket but that was an easy fix.

Driver's bottom seat heat doesn't work (not surprising)
        Rear hatch glass needs lift struts (not surprising)
        Appears to be some prior repairs to gate harness (not surprising)
        Got under the car this weekend and almost no rust underneath (Surprising!!) The muffler still has some 'shiny' visible.
        Also found that the car does not have SLS (Surprising!!)

Will do a cooling system overhaul before winter. Will eventually need some front end work too but not too bad yet.

Took it to DC Labor Day weekend with my gf, my cousin, and all our stuff in the back. She took it like a champ but did struggle a bit on the way back thru the hills of the PA Turnpike with the AC on full bore and 90* ambient temps haha :mrgreen:

Will be looking at a Mark D chip soon...
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

good pickup.
          awesome that it has the cargo cover.
          they stopped with the SLS nonsense early on. 94/95s didnt have it.

Comment

solid!!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

very clean
              WTB:m60b40 in PNW
              Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
              92 525it 5 speed.
              80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Working...
              X