WTF!!! Islam Mosque to be built near ground zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
    To the guy who said people should feel safe from terrorists with a mosque nearby....uhhhh dude that doesn't stop bombers in the middle east its not going to stop them here.

To everybody else who says I don't care or who thinks its a good idea....you have to understand that its more about who is putting the mosque there not the mosque itself. As long as Sharia Law doesn't step 1 foot on US soil I don't care either but the dude who is setting this all up has some bad bad friends and some bad ideas. There are also a bunch of mosques already in NYC I believe why 1 more?
    Jesus Christ, how do you people get from "mosque being built near ground zero" to "sharia law is coming to the US"? What the fuck are you people smoking?

Comment

I'll just leave this here.

Comment

I see the point about this being in bad taste, and I completely agree.

The problem here is that we cannot promote one religion over another - that's the free choice of an individual. It would be one more thing governed by our Government that does not need to be intervened with.

I guess it's my view that people need to apply some common sense. There's a million parallels out there of something like this that just isn't in good taste. It would be like having an affair with some guys wife and then moving in to the house next door with her (assuming she didn't take the house!). It's just not the thing to do with so many emotional ties to that whole situation...
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
          I see the point about this being in bad taste, and I completely agree.

The problem here is that we cannot promote one religion over another - that's the free choice of an individual. It would be one more thing governed by our Government that does not need to be intervened with.

I guess it's my view that people need to apply some common sense. There's a million parallels out there of something like this that just isn't in good taste. It would be like having an affair with some guys wife and then moving in to the house next door with her (assuming she didn't take the house!). It's just not the thing to do with so many emotional ties to that whole situation...

What if that religion has proven to be connected to terrorism and the killing of innocent people?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            What if that religion has proven to be connected to terrorism and the killing of innocent people?
            I'm not big fan of the Islamic religion either based on exactly what you said... BUT it's not like a few million christians haven't died over time either in the name of faith.

I really need to find this article that points this out. The Cliffs are that all of the major world religions, with the exception of Islam, have all resolved their differences to a point where they can coexist peacefully. Islam did not participate in those events that lead to the same conclusion. We are essentially reliving history with the ultimate outcome likely being that Islam will come to peace with everyone eventually - the question is how many people have to die first.
            PNW Crew
            90 m3
            06 m5

Comment

umm, all religion has links to the killing of innocent people!
              Brian Jacobs

Comment

if you have not spent a good amount of time in NYC and near ground zero you should not be able to comment here. If you have spent time there one of the first things you will notice is there are halal food carts EVERYWHERE, Why? Because there is a huge muslim population in NYC. And gues what Sharai law is a part of that culture and that religion. So why ask one more mosque, population growth? Why near ground zero? I dont know, I imagine is has something to do with the price of real estate, or proximity to the residence of congregation. sounds logical atleast. NYC people care to expand on this theory
                Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                  umm, all religion has links to the killing of innocent people!

Can you make that any more general and vague?
                  What religion straps bombs to themselves and kills innocent civilians currently? I know you want to remove the "good" Muslims but then you haven't read enough of the Koran or you're actively trying to ignore it.
                  Simple percentages tell the real story.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

if you have not spent a good amount of time in NYC and near ground zero you should not be able to comment here. If you have spent time there one of the first things you will notice is there are halal food carts EVERYWHERE, Why? Because there is a huge muslim population in NYC. And gues what Sharai law is a part of that culture and that religion. So why ask one more mosque, population growth? Why near ground zero? I dont know, I imagine is has something to do with the price of real estate, or proximity to the residence of congregation. sounds logical atleast. NYC people care to expand on this theory

Wow, this tells a story.
                    So if there were a religion that believed in raping young children, that would be all well and dandy to you because they are a religion?

Comment

Can you make that any more general and vague?
                      What religion straps bombs to themselves and kills innocent civilians currently? I know you want to remove the "good" Muslims but then you haven't read enough of the Koran or you're actively trying to ignore it.
                      Simple percentages tell the real story.
                      No I can not, that is about as vague as I can get;)

just muslim extremist.

you know there really is not anyone here that would like to see all religous structures removed more than me. But if we are going have one group of religous wack jobs might as well have them all!

I will remind you that IRS building that had a plane flown into it and the OK city bombing where both done by Christians. I can only think of one succesful Muslim act of terrorism in the US, yes it was much more succesful than OK city.
                      Brian Jacobs

Comment

Wow, this tells a story.
                        So if there were a religion that believed in raping young children, that would be all well and dandy to you because they are a religion?
                        seriously, where do you come up with this shit? you have some truly horrible thoughts in your head. And the way you associate one thing to another is fucked. does that answer your question?
                        Brian Jacobs

Comment

No I can not, that is about as vague as I can get;)

just muslim extremist.

you know there really is not anyone here that would like to see all religous structures removed more than me. But if we are going have one group of religous wack jobs might as well have them all!

I will remind you that IRS building that had a plane flown into it and the OK city bombing where both done by Christians. I can only think of one succesful Muslim act of terrorism in the US, yes it was much more succesful than OK city.

Let's stop adding qualifiers. How many Muslim terrorist actions vs Christian over the last 30 years? Successful or not...
                          yes there are many Christian terrorist actions but they pale in comparison.
                          The difference is most Christians take what good there is in the bible ( or much of the time attempt to) and apply it to their lives.

The Koran is more rigidly followed by Muslims than Christians to the bible. The Koran is also considerably more brutal.

Comment

seriously, where do you come up with this shit? you have some truly horrible thoughts in your head. And the way you associate one thing to another is fucked. does that answer your question?

Yeah because it's just not a parallel to Sheria Law right?
                            Do you understand what Sheria Law is?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't give a rats ass if that's Wiki.

Now answer the question if you can.

Comment

Let's stop adding qualifiers. How many Muslim terrorist actions vs Christian over the last 30 years? Successful or not...
                              yes there are many Christian terrorist actions but they pale in comparison.
                              The difference is most Christians take what good there is in the bible ( or much of the time attempt to) and apply it to their lives.

The Koran is more rigidly followed by Muslims than Christians to the bible. The Koran is also considerably more brutal.
                              I do love how you say to stop adding qualifiers and then immediatly add qualifiers.

how about this, an atheist has never started a religous war.

Both books have a good amount of brutality in them.
                              Brian Jacobs

Comment

Yeah because it's just not a parallel to Sheria Law right?
                                Do you understand what Sheria Law is?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't give a rats ass if that's Wiki.

Now answer the question if you can.

from wiki:All Muslims believe Sharia is God's law, but they have differences among themselves as to exactly what it entails.[1] Modernists, traditionalists and fundamentalists all hold different views of Sharia, as do adherents to different schools of Islamic thought and scholarship. Different countries and cultures have varying interpretations of Sharia as well.

alot of that video to my understanding is tribal sharia law, which is outlawed in many countries but still happens in alot of countries even in the countries where it is outlawed.How is this so different from in our bible where people are routinly stoned to death?

do you honestly believe that the muslims in NYC have pits where they bury people chest high and stone them to death?

In the bible there are examples of fathers having their daughters raped.
                                Brian Jacobs

Comment

Working...
                                X