No announcement yet.

101 Atheist Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus/God does say, ask for it and I will provide it.

Give me a bit and I'll find the passage.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Atheist here, but not due to some issue with religion or blind obedience to SCIENCE11!!!1. I just don't care whether there is or is not a God/Gods. Isn't important to me in the slightest. I don't like the idea that I'm not responsible for my actions or my future, and that is why I don't feel the need to believe in a supreme being.

As far as religious vs non religious people, some of the best and worst people I know are devout Catholics, Christians, Jews, and Atheists. For all you atheists caught up on how "teh religionz isn't troo becuz teh scientific method can't prove it," get over yourselves; most people don't care. For religious folk who either try to convert everyone, or bash all atheists as being immoral and groundless people, stfu and get over yourselves.

90% of both camps are good normal people. It's the vocal 10% that ruins it all.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        90% of both camps are good normal people. It's the vocal 10% that ruins it all.
        Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

The success rate of prayer is minimal ad does not exceed the success rate of hope.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

What is consciousness? and why am i different then a car?
            sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
            "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Originally posted by pawi30 View Post
              What is consciousness? and why am i different then a car?
              Why does it matter? :)
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

It doesn't really matter. Just wondering what an atheist point of view is. Is conciousness not real, and we are just super complex robots?
                sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"

"The phrases signify to seek with earnestness, diligence, and perseverance. The promise is, that what we seek shall be given us. It is of course implied that we seek with a proper spirit, with humility, sincerity, and perseverance. It is implied, also, that we ask the things which it may be consistent for God to give - that is, things which he has promised to give, and which would be best for us, and most for his own honor, 1 John 5:14. Of that God is to be the judge. And here there is the utmost latitude which a creature can ask. God is willing to provide for us, to forgive our sins, to save our souls, to befriend us in trial, to comfort us in death, to extend the gospel through the world. Man "can" ask no higher things of God; and these he may ask, assured that he is willing to grant them.
                  Christ encourages us to do this by the conduct of parents. No parent turns away his child with that which would be injurious. He would not give him a stone instead of bread, or a serpent instead of a fish. God is better and kinder than the most tender earthly parents; and with what confidence, therefore, may we come as his children, and ask what we need! Parents, he says, are evil; that is, are imperfect, often partial, and not unfrequently passionate; but God is free from all this, and therefore is ready and willing to aid us.

Every one that asketh receiveth - That is, every one that asks aright; that prays in faith, and in submission to the will of God. He does not always give the very thing which we ask, but he gives what would be better. A parent will not always confer the "very thing" which a child asks, but he will seek the welfare of the child, and give what he thinks will be most for its good. Paul asked that the thorn from his flesh might be removed. God did not "literally" grant the request, but told him that his "grace" should be "sufficient" for him. See the notes at 2 Corinthians 12:7-9.

A fish - A fish has some resemblance to a serpent; yet no parent would attempt to deceive his child in this. So God will not give to us that which might appear to be of use, but which would be injurious"
                  Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                  88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                  98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                  89 Porsche 944 - dd
                  95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                  90 325is - track rat

Comment

i think the sun is still better that anything else we humans know.

Comment

I started reading, then there was bullshit, and skycat was pleased.

Comment

It doesn't really matter. Just wondering what an atheist point of view is. Is conciousness not real, and we are just super complex robots?
                        I think you'll find there are lots of different atheist viewpoints. The only thing we/they have in common is the lack of belief in a higher power. I don't think consciousness has anything to do with it.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

You missed my point.

Comment

Working...
                          X