Hats off to the preacher in FL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hats off to the preacher in FL....

he has stepped down and refrained from burning the Qurans on 9/11 because the ground zero Islamic center leader has agreed to move away from ground zero.

Good news all around. Building a Islamic so close to ground zero is very disrespectful but legal. If one help influence the other then so be it.

Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Florida minister who had created an international furor with his plan to burn the Quran on the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks canceled the event under intense pressure Thursday, saying he agreed to back off after reaching a deal to move the location of a controversial mosque near New York's ground zero.

More to the story in link...
    Last edited by Vedubin01; 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

They won't move the mosque.. I'd put money on it. Just an out for this batshit crazy fucker who's gotten in too deep.

Comment

I didn't check on this update, but that's certainly good news.
      Recent Rebranding!!
      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
      E30 SM62/S62
      E30 M60 V8
      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
      Instagram.com/garageaholic
      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I haven't seen anything saying the Imam has agreed to move the Mosque.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

WTF am I supposed to do with all my Quran copies now? Bull shit.

JK. I am very much opposed to burning any book for a lot of reasons, just as I'm opposed to foreigners burning American flags. In the end it's all legal and all fair. Let crazies be crazy.

Sadly, knowing that Quran is mostly Bible in a different language, I find it disturbing that "Christians" were up for flames.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            I haven't seen anything saying the Imam has agreed to move the Mosque.
            Same here... But this looks interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/09/new...ter/index.html
            Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
            Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by ZLandrum View Post
              They won't move the mosque.. I'd put money on it. Just an out for this batshit crazy fucker who's gotten in too deep.
              Exactly. Acting like he's some hero who strong-armed them to move it. That dude's just as nutty as the guy who wants to build the Islam center.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I think that one of the investors selling off his portions will ultimately bring the demise of Cordoba House/Park51.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post

Sadly, knowing that Quran is mostly Bible in a different language, I find it disturbing that "Christians" were up for flames.
                  I don't think a lot of people get this.

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

Let them build it where they want. Get over it.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

No where in the story does the IMAM say he isn't building it there, only that the preacher is CLAIMING a deal was struck.

He just pussied out after all his big talk.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by NKRoberts View Post
                        I don't think a lot of people get this.
                        Because Christians work from the New Testament not the Old.

The FBI and the White House contact this guy..... Im sure they could have led into the information that the building site was to be moved.

Who knows what was said in those meeting, neither side is saying.
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Turns out this was all news to the Imams who still plan on building their "community center"

Comment

lol this mosque talk makes me laugh. Have you seen the shit that is right near ground zero? They fly a plane into our building because of our freedoms and we want to honor the dead by taking away freedom LOOOOOOOOOOOL the hypocrisy is a joke. If you wanna burn shit, burn it. if you wanna build shit, build it.
                            Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                              Turns out this was all news to the Imams who still plan on building their "community center"

+1

build whatever the fuck you want
                              Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Working...
                              X