Hats off to the preacher in FL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    There's a verse in the new testament that says everything in the old testament still stands. People tend to forget that.
    Could you state the chapter and verse and in what book in the new testament where it says it.

Comment

sure... but the old testament alone will not get you into Heaven. Jesus walked the earth and died for the sins of man. You have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior to enter Heaven these days. That's where the Bible and the Quran differ...

Most people never read that far into the Bible...
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Most likely in James. But, are you gonna listen to what's said in one very small book in the NT bible, or the person that wrote 2/3 of the NT?

Comment

Originally posted by Arems87e View Post
          Could you state the chapter and verse and in what book in the new testament where it says it.
          Go look it up. I'm not going to do all of the work for you.

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          sure... but the old testament alone will not get you into Heaven. Jesus walked the earth and died for the sins of man. You have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior to enter Heaven these days. That's where the Bible and the Quran differ...

Most people never read that far into the Bible...
          To me this is a cop out. Typical american interpretation - you don't have to work at it, change your lifestyle or be otherwise inconvenienced - just accept it and you'll watch TV and evade diabetes for eternity.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

i still recognizance 9-11 as burn a Koran day, unless i get a personal apology and free gas for life a camel and a flying rug. i wonder what will happen when the priest finds out hes been lied too?
            i know we can build the wtc mosque out off Korans.....then burn it down, two birds,one stone!!!
            i should run for office

Comment

the pastor is waffling on it now.. supposedly its back on?

Governments, world leaders and others were responding Friday to a Florida pastor's plan to burn copies of the Quran, the Muslim holy book, even amid confusion over whether it would go ahead. The Rev. Terry Jones, the head of a small church in Gainesville, called off the burning Thursday but later said he would "rethink" his position after a meeting with a local imam. Here's a sampling of global reaction:

Comment

The media just needs to drop the story altogether. Who cares what this pastor at a tiny church does.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  The media just needs to drop the story altogether. Who cares what this pastor at a tiny church does.

the media loves to spew hate/fear I bet if this guy was running some kind of charity to help the mosque we would never or heard of it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Who cares what this pastor at a tiny church does.
                      Yep, it's 50 people. I don't know of anyone else that is down for this.

Rock: He burns the Koran and the extremists trip

Hard place: He doesn't burn the Koran and sends a different message that is equally harmful
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

That pastor is a fucking idiot. An idea like that is only stooping down to the terrorists level. Hats off to a guy whose original idea was to burn the Qur'an? Thread title makes me sick, I really think the world would be a much better place if that asshole was shot in the head.

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                          That's because the Muslims are savages and the Christians are civilized.

Just sayin'
                          You are a very ignorant person.

EDIT: If sarcastic then never mind. Hard to hear sarcasm over the internet. And I've read more ignorant statements then that before so i wouldn't put it past some people.
                          Last edited by omar85; 09-11-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by omar85 View Post
                            You are a very ignorant person.
                            Raxe's comment was obviously tongue in cheek, and intended to be read with sarcasm. Pastor Terry Jones is symptomatic of the idiotic level of many. And if it's idiotic proposition found some resonance in the population, it's probably because the idiotic population is larger than we think.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I haven't talked to a single person who this idea resonated with, liberal or conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
                                I haven't talked to a single person who this idea resonated with, liberal or conservative.
                                Don't go looking any further than on this forum. The Muslim bashing is rampant.
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X