Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamacare supporters, explain this one away.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^PM sent.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
      Is anyone interested in reading a book on healthcare reform?

I just read this one:

If you're not familiar with Halverson, he's the CEO of the largest private healthcare provider in the US. The Kaiser Foundation is also one of the largest organizations that conduct clinical research.

The book was published pre-Obamacare, basically at the beginning of the debate.

It's only ~130 pages and really simple to read.

It outlines the history and subsequent shortcomings of our current non-system, and explains the source/cause of care cost increases. It also offers real-world solutions written by someone who manages a system that provides quality care to over 10mil patients.

Anyhow, if you want to read a short book on our healthcare system, as well as relevant reforms, I'd be willing to media mail it to one (or a few) of you. It was expensive, and I want to read it again, so of course I'd want it back haha. Anyhow, shoot me a PM if you want to read it.

The man is for the single payer system, no thanks.
      I'm all for having more data for doctors to tap into when treating patients but this guy doesn't even want independent doctors.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
        I'm all for having more data for doctors to tap into when treating patients but this guy doesn't even want independent doctors.
        Good for you for not reading or understanding the other points of view.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Good for you for not reading or understanding the other points of view.
          And you assume this because? Do i have to have read THAT book to know what the guy wants?

Am I wrong? Does he not want a single payer system?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

There is an entire section on competition between care systems in the book.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

There is an entire section on competition between care systems in the book.

Yet none of them are independent. You can have a single payer system where you can chose your doctor can't you?

Comment

Yet none of them are independent. You can have a single payer system where you can chose your doctor can't you?
                I'm not sure if you meant to type "can" or "can't."
                There are different types/scales of single payer systems.

The only way you could have a single payer system and be able to choose your doctor 100% of the time would be a nationalized govt payer and have all physicians employed by one entity.

There are a lot of independent single-payer systems within the US. Group Health in Seattle, the Mayo Clinics, and Kaiser Permanente are all single payer systems.

Comment

I'm not sure if you meant to type "can" or "can't."
                  There are different types/scales of single payer systems.

The only way you could have a single payer system and be able to choose your doctor 100% of the time would be a nationalized govt payer and have all physicians employed by one entity.

There are a lot of independent single-payer systems within the US. Group Health in Seattle, the Mayo Clinics, and Kaiser Permanente are all single payer systems.

The only thing I have yet to find from his views are who is to pay for his ideas. And yes i have a lot more reading about the guy to do. But so far it sounds to me like he wants a Government system set up. Which is exactly what I'm against.

Comment

The only thing I have yet to find from his views are who is to pay for his ideas. And yes i have a lot more reading about the guy to do. But so far it sounds to me like he wants a Government system set up. Which is exactly what I'm against.
                    He's not an advocate for a nationalized govt single-payer.

Comment

He's not an advocate for a nationalized govt single-payer.

I really doubt that so far. He commented about independent doctors and how they need to be part of a "system". He's just not said the usual words...."single payer Government controlled system".

Everything so far indicates he does want that. I have a lot more research to do on the guy though to see what his points truly are.

Comment

Everything so far indicates he does want that. I have a lot more research to do on the guy though to see what his points truly are.
                        Yet you've already made up your mind about him and claim to know what he advocates in a book you haven't read.

Ya that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          Yet you've already made up your mind about him and claim to know what he advocates in a book you haven't read.

Ya that makes sense.

I'm not trying to troll you, but have you read it? This point could be much easier swallowed if you're claiming to have read it and pointing out that he hasn't so he should just stfugtfonowpls.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

^Huh? Because he hasn't read it he can't tell someone who hasn't read it to have a definitive opinion on it?

OK........
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                              I'm not trying to troll you, but have you read it? This point could be much easier swallowed if you're claiming to have read it and pointing out that he hasn't so he should just stfugtfonowpls.
                              I haven't claimed to read it, nor made any claims about the author or his views. I was just pointing of the raging hypocrisy of certain posts.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                ^Huh? Because he hasn't read it he can't tell someone who hasn't read it to have a definitive opinion on it?

OK........

Actually I was just curious. Don't get your panties all bunched up now, Zeke.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                                X