GM is back at donating to politicians.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM is back at donating to politicians.

General Motors has lifted a self-imposed ban on political contributions, paving the way for its political action committee to donate $90,500 to candidates this election cycle.

Imo these politicians should be ashamed of themselves.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

technically it is not GM giving the money as the money is coming from a PAC. The PAC is the voice of the workers and no different then if the money was raised by the union
    Brian Jacobs

Comment

Since when was a union the voice of the workers? Long tie ago is what I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
        technically it is not GM giving the money as the money is coming from a PAC. The PAC is the voice of the workers and no different then if the money was raised by the union

True, I'm trying to get more info about this.

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
        Since when was a union the voice of the workers? Long tie ago is what I'm thinking.

You want a Union job, then they speak for you. That's just how it works now.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
          Very funny.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Bingo. I'm a state employee in California and because I fall under "rank and file" classification, $53 of every paycheck goes to the SEIU Local 1000 whether I like it or not. 99% of the time I'm in disagreement with what these folks push for. If I stick around for a while and promote up a couple times I can break away from this BS as you get into specialized Analyst work or Management which can opt out of SEIU altogether.

Jon
            Rides...
            1991 325i - sold :(
            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

unions were created to protect workers from business, now we need to protect business and workers from unions.
              Brian Jacobs

Comment

unions were created to protect workers from business, now we need to protect business and workers from unions.

Exactly, Unions have delved into politics so much now even the Union workers are only being represented so the Unions can make more money.

Comment

^Yep, I can't believe they are pushing for card check. Talk about some strong arming bullshit.

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                  Bingo. I'm a state employee in California and because I fall under "rank and file" classification, $53 of every paycheck goes to the SEIU Local 1000 whether I like it or not. 99% of the time I'm in disagreement with what these folks push for. If I stick around for a while and promote up a couple times I can break away from this BS as you get into specialized Analyst work or Management which can opt out of SEIU altogether.

Jon

That sucks you don't even have a choice!

Maybe I should start a Tech Writers Union. I need to be more overpaid and underworked than I already I am.

And I want to be able to get drunk and smoke weed in the parking lot. So what if developing procedures to keep guys safe around equipment with as much 4600 volts going through it........
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                  X