Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st here, My daily driver!!! Can't wait for the snow!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st here, My daily driver!!! Can't wait for the snow!!!!

Hi, just signed up here 1st post... This is my daily driver since 91!!! has been through a few mishaps but still running strong!!!;D;D;D;D
    Attached Files

I've always loved that color, are you the original owner?
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      I've always loved that color, are you the original owner?
      Yes, original owner... Since 91 purchased from Oyster Bay BMW, in New York...

Comment

That's awesome to see a car thats been a one owner that is still owed by someone excited by e30s

Comment

Thats pretty cool... Original owner, and daily driven since day one. I bet theres not many of those still around.
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Very cool, even threw the winter too, whats on the rear tire?

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
              Very cool, even threw the winter too, whats on the rear tire?
              They are called spike spiders, they are big in Northern Europe and out west where "chains" are needed when going over mountain passes during the winter... Easy to use, bolt on a "hub" on each rear wheel. Slap on the system in a minute and your on your way... Much easier for me as opposed to a set of blizzaks on the four corners for the season. It only snows heavy in the tri state New York area a few times a year at most. So I don't ruin them on dry pavement...

Spikes-Spider systems are easier to install than tire chains with outstanding traction for safe winter driving on both ice and snow. Excellent for Cars, pickups, and SUVs.

Comment

Very cool, welcome!
                How many miles? What made you join now? Have you managed to keep the rust away?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH91e30 View Post
                  They are called spike spiders, they are big in Northern Europe and out west where "chains" are needed when going over mountain passes during the winter... Easy to use, bolt on a "hub" on each rear wheel. Slap on the system in a minute and your on your way... Much easier for me as opposed to a set of blizzaks on the four corners for the season. It only snows heavy in the tri state New York area a few times a year at most. So I don't ruin them on dry pavement...

http://spikes-spiderusa.com
                  Thanks for link, Very interesting and look easier then putting the old chain system on. Yeah this the first year to be stuck with just e30's. Sold my truck now so I might invest in set of theses.

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                    Very cool, welcome!
                    How many miles? What made you join now? Have you managed to keep the rust away?
                    About 240k miles reads 233 on the meter I had a period where my speed sensor on the diff had a faulty connection. Then one of the gears behind the motometer worn out. So my guess is about 240k give or take a little. Both were fixed. There was also a time that I ran 205/60 14 on the basket weaves and from my understanding that throws it off by a bit also...

I joined because I am now experiencing the dreaded "low idle / rich mix" issue and have searched, and this place had pointed me in a few directions to see if I can resolve it... So why not become a member of this community... I have come across a few e30 drivers and we always chatted and they all have said to check this forum out. I just never got around to it, till now...

As for the rust, unfortunately it has started when my rear right quarter panel experience a high collision "above the bumper" I had a body guy that was a friend and he salvaged another rear quarter from somewhere, cut the bad section of my car and welded it back. It's never been the same since. That whole replaced quarter is rusting faster than any other part. I live in the tri state area near the water. The sea air and the road salt they use is not kind to the metal. It has rust here and there but holding up.... Hopeful...

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                      Thanks for link, Very interesting and look easier then putting the old chain system on. Yeah this the first year to be stuck with just e30's. Sold my truck now so I might invest in set of theses.
                      Yup, I had the same situation, sold my rover and just had this to get around year round... You can get used ones or even new ones on eBay. But make sure you got the right size for your tires. You may also need to buy the mounting clips and hardware from the company new... If you want then and need a bit of help figuring out which ones I can help a bit...

Comment

Awesome! Welcome sir!
                        sigpic

Comment

with all that snow is there much rust in it? looks pretty tidy
                          Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by 808e30325i View Post
                            Awesome! Welcome sir!
                            Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                              with all that snow is there much rust in it? looks pretty tidy
                              That's a picture of the good side... ;D;D;D;D

Comment

Working...
                              X