No announcement yet.

Will this exhaust setup work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was just saying for looks/performance not to use obd1. obd2 or cheap headers. if they allow a motor swap i dont see why theyd care about your manifolds or headers. i know zero about the regulations though.

Comment

Old thread but hoping to to figure this out..

I have an S52 swap sitting at the exhaust shop right now to have the donor car's M3 exhaust installed onto it.

They are telling me that the front header has clearance issues and they'll have to cut and angle the header in order for the downpipe to bolt up. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it when searching

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
      I have OBD2 manifolds>OBD2 mids>e36 muffler (soon to be e36 m3).

It will fit, but it's not a "drag and drop" bolt in, IMO. I had to make a few cuts to the OBD2 mids to make them clear the sway bar and the stock suspension lollipop. If you have the Treehouse CABs and shim the engine it may bolt in as-is.

I also had to remove heat shielding to get it to tuck, but now it fits nice and snug. I think even better than stock because I have access to the back of my transmission.

The OBD2 mids have an integrated X-pipe after the cats.

It's slightly heavy, but I think that's beneficial to the sound. There's not a bit of tinniness or rasp to it.

The pictures show how the stock e30 cat with a modified front section looks next to the OBD2 section before I modified it.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X