Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an IC section? For the 'Verts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

So what do we need to do next to make this happen????

Comment

This isn't The 1960's. Vert's have a right to have their own section. Looking back 50 years from now it will seem crazy that we don't already have equal rights and protections for the vert's.

Comment

Got my vote.

Comment

full support

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                  So what do we need to do next to make this happen????
                  I'm watching and taking notes.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Ill put my 2 cents in...
                    It really doesn't make much difference to me for a cabrio specific section. I tried a thread one time specifying the difference of the cabrio to the other versions but I ran outta steam on that.

Ive been on these forums a few times and have gone thru many threads and even made a few. Search is your friend and if you can find answers, a quick post should get you an answer. You might get the post but usually if you ask intelligently, you wont be beat down by your question...as bad.

I do understand that searching can be hard because of the different terminology used on our models (cabrio, cabby, cab, ic, 325ic, 325, cabriolet, convertible, convertable, vert, ragtop, and so on). It would take hundreds to convert to one terminology so I just accept it as it is.

Im a E30 guy, not just a cabrio guy so I look everywhere on these forums. E30ic.com has plenty of information for those who need specifics imo.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                      I do understand that searching can be hard because of the different terminology used on our models (cabrio, cabby, cab, ic, 325ic, 325, cabriolet, convertible, convertable, vert, ragtop, and so on)
                      That's the point. There's so many different terms, it makes it a pain. It would also be nice to have a place to ask (cabrio, cabby, cab, ic, 325ic, 325, cabriolet, convertible, convertable, vert, ragtop) questions somewhere other than General Technical.

There's at least as many differences between the IC cars and others as there are between the IX and the others.

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                      E30ic.com has plenty of information for those who need specifics imo.
                      It's a dead site. Helpful, but it's not an active forum. That's like saying we don't need R3v because the E30 wiki exists

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      I'm watching and taking notes.
                      :up:
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

E30 Ic is more of a flat reference for me, I use it but real experience that is current which is more helpful to me. It allows for open discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                          This isn't The 1960's. Vert's have a right to have their own section. Looking back 50 years from now it will seem crazy that we don't already have equal rights and protections for the vert's.
                          Truth

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

As of right now, I'm siding with N2MYE30. I even own a vert myself. So it's not like I look upon you guys as not being wanted or anything. Maybe some other admins will chime in too.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I think it should be helpful to have things in one place. I'm constantly searching, but I know in there are things I'm not aware of.

So, what is the next step to make this a reality?

Comment

Could we at least add all the search terms together so we can make sure to hit all the answers? That is a huge handicap.

Should convertible top questions be directed to General Technical? I'd like to fix my power top at some point but there's almost no info out there. Everyone does a conversion, it's actually somewhat sad considering the E30 was BMW's first convertible.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X