CA Tuned Coilover Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    What was the valving built to handle stiffness-wise?
    Sales@catuned.com we have all the technical info. Can supply it all.

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    He's asking what spring rates the damping is valved for.
    Thanks
    Work We Do
    CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
    http://www.catuned.com

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

hes mine the day i got them put in all the way up
      [/SIGPIC]

Comment

going to be pulling the trigger on these pretty soon. Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Docdrey View Post
          going to be pulling the trigger on these pretty soon. Any updates?
          We're ready to start shipping on the 8th
          Work We Do

Comment

Planning any sales on these come summertime?

Comment

We're shipping out starting the 8th of may. Parts are here and assembly is in process.
              Work We Do

Comment

So I have the capability to do a (street only) review of the CATuned Coilover suspension, which was advertised to me as 8k front and 7k rear, with full adjustability of the shocks to make up for any variation.

They are comfortable when I want, but can handle the power of the S62 and the grip of my Ventus RS3 245 and 225 tires. It's reliable, dependable on the road with noticeable difference in feel between full soft and full hard, So I have the fronts softer than the rear. I love the combo.

Quality product, robust. I was a little nervous about the spherical bearing, but it has withstood some potholes on the highway and some nasty bumps.

Basically, I love them and would recommend them to a friend.

Thanks Igor!
                Recent Rebranding!!
                Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                E30 SM62/S62
                E30 M60 V8
                E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                Instagram.com/garageaholic
                Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Thanks Frank! It's always great to hear input from customers.
                  Work We Do

Comment

Itching like crazy to get a set for my 2002. Sadly, I am letting go of my e30 once the roundie is daily driver status.

Soon...
                    Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                    Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Thought I should chime in on these coil-overs. As of today, Ive calculated about 1600 miles on these coil-overs. I daily my car 100 miles everyday and was completely blown away of how comfortable they are and the noticeable change when set on the stiffest setting. To be honest, this is the first time I've had coil-overs installed on my car. I have always done a shock and spring combo due to $$$$$. Ca-tuned and these coils have made me a believer. On top of that, Igor has always helped me out when needed. Customer service like that is scarce. Thanks Igor.

Comment

My set up

Comment

Originally posted by Docdrey View Post
                          Thought I should chime in on these coil-overs. As of today, Ive calculated about 1600 miles on these coil-overs. I daily my car 100 miles everyday and was completely blown away of how comfortable they are and the noticeable change when set on the stiffest setting. To be honest, this is the first time I've had coil-overs installed on my car. I have always done a shock and spring combo due to $$$$$. Ca-tuned and these coils have made me a believer. On top of that, Igor has always helped me out when needed. Customer service like that is scarce. Thanks Igor.
                          Did you do the wheel hubs as well? I'm thinking about getting these real soon.

Comment

The DD.
                            So it's been about 2 months that i've been driving on the CaTuned coilovers. I've put a little over 2,300 miles on them. I've driven a LOT of e30s, with a lot of different spring/shock combinations. Everything ranging from bone stock to IE springs, eibach springs, Ebay springs with "homefabbed" coilovers, Ground control coilovers with konis, H&R RACE with billie sports, GC coilovers with custom valved bilsitens, etc... Most of them on the street and on the track.

I am very impressed with these. First of all with the quality. You saw my first post. They are very well made. Most recently i've been impressed with the ride quality. I have them set very low. Not their lowest setting, but low. I have yet to bottom them out. The front lip hits the ground first. I have the rebound set almost at full soft. They don't bounce over bumps, they ride great on the highway. You can put a bunch of weight in the trunk, and there is not much change in the ride quality. They ride a bit stiffer than an H&R race/ bilstien sport combo. This was my favorite combo for the street. I now can say these catuned coilovers are my new favorite street combo. You get the best of both worlds... You can set them super low, and still have a nice smooth ride quality.

I've been so busy with the race cars, I haven't had time to do a track day in a street car. I'll be testing them on the track in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Uzino
                              I remember fitting the over flow hose wasn't easy, very tight space but it did work. Seems like the new design won't let you achieve this no matter what you do unless you decide to take it for the shop to modify it and weld back that pipe at your own cost.
                              Pretty sure you meant to post in the radiator thread. Lol
                              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

I found this thread just recently and had no knowledge how new these coilovers were to the market.
                                I say if you're considering these coilovers, go ahead and pull the trigger.

I love these!

Lol. I've put close to 1,000 miles on these and I consider these to be the best mod I've done thus far.
                                Suspension work wasn't sourced, bought, and installed because I wanted THEE best and didn't want to bother with spending money and time to build my own.
                                At first I wanted just lowering springs until discovering all of my shocks were blown. This is my first car and have no prior car mech experience, so I was riding blown shocks unknowingly for months lol. Anyways after learning that I was open to the Corrado/iX Koni adjustable Yellow inserts with shortened housings, paired with the GC kit w/ camber plates.
                                After coming to my senses I decided just to buy a full bolt on kit. I came across CA Tuned early on because of their Stoptech brake kit and saw the coilovers. It was love at first sight.
                                These things are beautiful and the craftsmanship is immaculate. And thats tremendously saying a lot for a DD registered in DC. Our streets are beat to s*it haha.
                                Incredibly stable and solid when swerving to avoid pot holes as well as forgiving when I do occasionally hit one or go over speed bumps.
                                I installed Condor engine/trans mounts 2 days ago and have to adjust the valving to compensate the new rigidy feel. But I'm running full camber in the front and with the natural camber in the back that comes from the drop, she's sitting very stancy for these DC streets.

Sorry if this is so long and wordy but I'm completely satisfied. And the customer service is awesome too. I eventually got their brake kit with stainless lines and that experience was awesome too. I did the install myself also the fronts were a PITA but very straight forward all around. I encourage everyone to go ahead and get these if you're even considering it. I have to hurry up and send my cores in so they can supply more lucky customers.

Thanks again guys *thumbs up*

Follow my build via Instagram! @SmplxCulture
                                Alpine White 87 325is

Follow my build via Instagram: @SmplxCulture

Comment

Working...
                                X