X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STARTER DIED!

Oh yea, I changed it in the rain.

Comment

Hell of a build thread and awesome work man!! Where in NJ are you? I just picked up a 540iT!

Comment

WOW I haven't posted in forever! Here we go!

I had a electrical fire, the white plastic shroud crumpled and the positive stud was arcing against the negative body. Had to replace the cable end/ stud and surrounding plastic.

The damage.

Hmmmm. Ideas ideas

I finally figured out how to wire in my reverse lights!! Pin 4 to the back of the cluster!

Now time for winterproofing!

The only code I now get is P0455 Evap Leak Detected

I'm going to try a 530i charcoal canister and DMTL pump.

Oh and pull the intake manifold to see if the purge valve hose came off the manifold..

Clean :)

I reprogrammed my DSC module as a manual light goes out but comes back on for steering angle sensor fault.

Mounted my M5 style bumper :) :) :)

And my replica wing because downforce

I used betalink and it holds very well

This caught my eye and I fixed it too. I dont have any photos of it now though!

That's all for now!

Comment

I'm liking this car more and more!

Comment

I made a thing

I went skiing and was driving on route 180 in the Williamsport PA area. I was parallel with a lady taking a blind corner (in the left-lane like a dickhead) and all the sudden i see a dead deer laying in the middle of my lane. Had I swerved right, I would have hit her and if I swerved left I would have totaled my car in a ditch. Had no choice but to hit the deer dead on. I ripped off my underpanels and bent my exhaust and now the transmission sounds like marbles rolling around when acceleration. This is the only pic I could get. I have plans now though >

Whats surprising is there is NO bumper or body damage whatsoever. Consider myself lucky.
            Last edited by E30NJ; 03-01-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Just read through the thread, awesome build. Your parents must be super cool to let you keep bringing parts cars to their house lol

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Great work

I just read through the whole thread. Thanks for documenting everything.

I just picked up an E39 530 sedan. CEL is bugging the crap out of me too.

It is an auto and I am contemplating a 5sp swap too. After looking at your thread though, I will probably just wait to find one with factory 5sp.

Don
                Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Don Stevens View Post

It is an auto and I am contemplating a 5sp swap too. After looking at your thread though, I will probably just wait to find one with factory 5sp.

Don
                  I swapped my 2002 530i with a 5 speed and I've been driving it since August 2015 and absolutely love it, still have some minor issues (cruise control not working and no reverse lights due to clutch pedal sensor and reverse light switch not being hooked up) But the 530 was meant to have stick in it! I love every minute when I drive the thing. PM me if you have any questions about the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                    I swapped my 2002 530i with a 5 speed and I've been driving it since August 2015 and absolutely love it, still have some minor issues (cruise control not working and no reverse lights due to clutch pedal sensor and reverse light switch not being hooked up) But the 530 was meant to have stick in it! I love every minute when I drive the thing. PM me if you have any questions about the swap.
                    Cool, Thanks.

I am glad to see other co E39 and E30 owners commenting here.
                    Discounts to all R3VLimited users on Amsoil products www.tampabaysynthetics.com

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                      Hi! I never figured out cruise control however, the reverse light switch has 2 pins, and when the shifter is put in reverse, the switch closes. One wire goes straight to ground, and the other on Pin 4 on The back of the cluster. Pictured

Comment

Originally posted by Don Stevens View Post

Don
                        It really isn't that much work, and it makes the car that much better. My advice is if you love your car now, don't change it. But if you want a change, go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Just read through the thread, awesome build. Your parents must be super cool to let you keep bringing parts cars to their house lol
                          LOL thanks my parents are pretty chill. My mom is actually the one who finds all these project cars for me and is always sending me craiglist ad deals :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
                            Hi! I never figured out cruise control however, the reverse light switch has 2 pins, and when the shifter is put in reverse, the switch closes. One wire goes straight to ground, and the other on Pin 4 on The back of the cluster. Pictured
                            Since your car is a 528 there might be some different wiring between our two cars, my only advice to you is find out which engine software you have and look on bmw planet for the WDS (wiring diagram) the site has a ton of good info.

Unfortunately I have zero time as of now (full time college student 19 units with a part time job as a shop hand at the airport) so I have all the diagrams printed out just never enough time to figure out the proper wiring. But if you find a solution post it and hopefully it can help others!

I know that when E39's were newer there was no support available to help people like us do the 5 speed swap on the I6 E39. I do remember seeing a 6 speed swap on a 528 or 530 on bimmerforums that might lead to some potential help (sorry for no link, jamming out on some homework due in an hour and a half :loco:

Comment

Chapter III, well you know me, I cant stop with these damn wagons, got this one for $600, pkus $140 tow. M5 Wheels, Xenon Lights, Black Interior which will all go into the white wagon come the summer.
                              Here we go:

Deleted my muffler got so bent from the deer that i figured I'm not going to repair it.

Children :(

The PO plastidipped the entire roof, that came off fast with brakeleen

I did the whole coolant system on it because it was overheating but the plastic heater pipes that run under the manifold had cracked as well. Had to replace them too!

Got it all back together, took the M5 wheels off to get painted and threw on my old style 5s

Time to take those Xenons!!!

Swapped :)

Had to get one of these from the deer accident

And clean this mess up

Also got one of these for $125

Thankfully a dual stage airbag!!

Changed my oil, going to try 10W-40, it seems to burn the 5W-30 I had in before

This was the worst damage from the deer. Replaced this quick

Pennsylvania road salt messed me up!

:)

Tucked the blue wires from the lightbar

Time for detailing

My brother helped clean my blue wagon. Thanks Evan!! :)

Cleannnnn

Remember those M5 Wheels? Got them straightened and repaited for $400. Not shadowchrome but I like the gunmetal.

Made it out to school. Looked down and saw my fender liner like this :(

Oh well

Needs more low. 245/40/18 all around. I'm going with a spring/shock setup. Just need to determine what springs.
                              Last edited by E30NJ; 03-13-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Awesome thread, thank you for sharing! I love your DIY videos on the E30. Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X