Need some CEL help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some CEL help!!

Long story short, I recently moved from Socal to Colorado. Middle of the dessert the spider coolant hose developed a pin hole leak. Couldn't get parts so I cut and bodged it together with plumbing stuff to get me home. The 'repair' held perfectly fine up for about a month then finally the hose tore again.

New OE BMW hose arrived, I go to install it which means I had to lift the intake manifold just slightly. Get everything back in, the cooling system works great again but I have a CEL. The car in 4 years and 40K miles has never had a CEL. Stomp shows it's code 1215 for Mass Air Flow. Hearing what sounds like a minor vacuum leak I check around with carb cleaner and couldn't find a definite source. Pulled the lines for the ICV and patched a couple connections and cracks with silicone sealer, let it sit over night and reset the battery.

Soon as it fires up, I get a CEL again. Stomp test again, this time for 1266 for Vanos.

What the shit is going on? The car had no CEL's and 0 problems before I pulled this stuff to repair it. I'm about to bite the bullet and regasket the whole intake side of the motor but before I do is there something stupid I'm missing? The only non-original set up on the car is I have the secondary thermostat for the TB heater deleted and the line is looped back into the head, but it's been like this for years.

Nick
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524
Working...
X