No announcement yet.

Ireland Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya know I think I'll just order the IE stuff from flyingbrick, they stock lots of IE stuff, and from what I understand, they're on the ball.

Comment

I have had a good experiences. I can also tell you it is extremmely hard to stock item you produce and alot of it has nothing to do with them but the suppliers on items they do not produce. I have ran low on products and found the supplier has none either. I think they do a very good job.

Tyler

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
      R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass
        The shit he is out of is always IE specific stuff - hollow sway bars, subframe bushings, springs, etc. I understand that he is a small shop, but the wait time on his stuff is really bad. Seriously, it isn't rocket science to keep stuff on the shelves. I have 20 25mm hollow sway bars on the shelf. Oops, now I have 3 left. Better order the tube stock and have it bent and powdercoated in the next 2 weeks because history has shown that I typically sell 1 every 2 weeks or so.
        no, instead its 'we ran out. the new bars are getting bent tomorrow and they should be at the powdercoaters next monday and shipped mid next week. that was 2 weeks ago, and they might now have the stuff ready to ship the middle of NEXT week, 3 weeks late.
        i'm in a hurry becasue i want to mount the new bar to my subframe before i reinstall it. i'm out of patience because this has happened numerous times with ireland over the last 7 years i've been buying parts from him. i'm a loyal customer, just a pissed off and mystified one.

You have no clue how this stuff works.

I won't bother expalining it to you, you'll understand when you get older.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
          IE shipping/stock sucks, but at least they aren't douchebagels like gc. jeff and jeremiah are righteous bamf's. but i hate gc. srsly, they can die.

You're like the 20th person that says this.

I agree.

I'll buy TCK or Motons for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_e30
            You have no clue how this stuff works.

I won't bother expalining it to you, you'll understand when you get older.
            I'm 31, have worked in retail, and now am in an industry where product inventory managment and customer service are incredibly important, so please, if i am worthy, tell me "how this stuff works". you sould like a real expert, so i would love to hear it.
            Last edited by hugh jass; 07-26-2006, 03:57 PM.

Comment

businesses that can't keep inventory on the shelves only hurt themselves if the manufacturer can't ramp up production immediately.and it pisses me off when i get told lies like "its going to the ceramic coaters tomorrow"...next week..."its going to the ceramic coaters tomorrow"... BS like that. from a company that builds custom stuff for mopars. sounds like ireland is the same way.

Comment

stack at TCK is a fun guy to talk to, very helpful, but he drags on.
                sigpic

Comment

Seriously thou you are halfway thru the race season, Order prior to the busy part of the season. If you knew they were slow on delivery or stocking issues you could have bought a Turner J stock.

Comment

I'm 31, have worked in retail, and now am in an industry where product inventory managment and customer service are incredibly important, so please, if i am worthy, tell me "how this stuff works". you sould like a real expert, so i would love to hear it.

Simple. This is a niche industry that relies on 3rd party manufactures for final products.

IE designs the part and makes a one off (most of the time at least). They find a place that can make them in a bigger quantity than themselves. Hopefully cheaper and more reliable too.

That 3rd party can have all sorts of issues that are independent of IE.

I've seen all sorts of up's and down's with the IE supply chain.

Examples:

1. The sway bar bender's machien broke last month.
                    2. The front stress bar manufacture was backlogged.
                    3. Ran out of RSM's. The manufacture was running behind.
                    4. Many more I can name.

Just live with it. Or make your own shit.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_e30
                      Simple. This is a niche industry that relies on 3rd party manufactures for final products.

IE designs the part and makes a one off (most of the time at least). They find a place that can make them in a bigger quantity than themselves. Hopefully cheaper and more reliable too.

That 3rd party can have all sorts of issues that are independent of IE.

I've seen all sorts of up's and down's with the IE supply chain.

Examples:

1. The sway bar bender's machien broke last month.
                      2. The front stress bar manufacture was backlogged.
                      3. Ran out of RSM's. The manufacture was running behind.
                      4. Many more I can name.

Just live with it. Or make your own shit.
                      You would think after several years of the same shit, maybe he could find a different 3rd party provider? He isn't making fucking space shuttles here. Its a sway bar - a bent piece of metal tubing that is powdercoated. And how about urethane subframe bushings? Wow, those have as many moving parts as a pet rock. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he could fine better suppliers that could supply him stuff on time, not just feed him excuses. It must not be a priority because there are enough customers like you that are willing to put up with it.

Comment

they are a small company, people continue buying from them even though it takes too long quite often. I got bushings that took too long, I would still buy from them. maybe you should write them a letter telling them how you would run their buisness. then, you will have a cool job, and access to all of their secrets as to why they the ship so slow.

Comment

If they were selling in a mainstream market like honda or mustang parts they would have been belly up in a year.

I waited 2 months for urethane parts only to call and get the run around about back order. A heads up in the 1st month would have been nice. You can NOT run a lucrative business with bad shipping practices and shit customer relations.

Comment

The e30 market is miniscule. No one wants to stock a lot of parts for our cars, and understandably so. By the same token, those that do sell e30 stuff work only with smaller suppliers who are willing to take on the smaller production runs.

Face it, your options are somewhat limited, so what can you do?
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

You would think after several years of the same shit, maybe he could find a different 3rd party provider? He isn't making fucking space shuttles here. Its a sway bar - a bent piece of metal tubing that is powdercoated. And how about urethane subframe bushings? Wow, those have as many moving parts as a pet rock...
                              This made me laugh, classic shit.

As for IE, I got my subframe bushings, RSM's, and some other goodies from 2005, with no headaches whatsoever. Paid, came two weeks later. Guess I got lucky.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

yes, you are lucky.

Their products are crap BTW, pay for what you get i guess.... but we're still all getting robbed

...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Working...
                                X