bleed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleed question

guys, i'm doing all 4 wheels brakes, and a fluid change. I've drained all old fluid from brake lines. will i have to bleed the slave or will that be ok w/o bleeding.
    sigpic

Do it anyway to put new fluid in your clutch system.

Comment

You will be fine assuming the fluid is okay/not old and dirty, but I highly recommend doing it. Bad fluid can cause clutch engaging/disengaging issues.

You can build yourself a pressure bleeder for $20. This is the easiest way to do your brakes IMO.

I didn't have anyone around to help me so this was amazing when I did my brakes last time.

Warning: keep some towels around your reservoir for when you remove the bleeder. Your reservoir will be full to the very top and some may spill in your engine bay.

The clutch may require someone else's help to push it while you open the bleeder screw.
      P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
        You will be fine assuming the fluid is okay/not old and dirty, but I highly recommend doing it. Bad fluid can cause clutch engaging/disengaging issues.

You can build yourself a pressure bleeder for $20. This is the easiest way to do your brakes IMO.

I didn't have anyone around to help me so this was amazing when I did my brakes last time.

Warning: keep some towels around your reservoir for when you remove the bleeder. Your reservoir will be full to the very top and some may spill in your engine bay.

The clutch may require someone else's help to push it while you open the bleeder screw.
        thanks, great diy.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X