• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    looks good Craig (its Craig, yes?)

did you source everything separate?
    Thanks! Yes, it's Craig.

Pretty much. I got the strut housings, camber plates, and springs a long time ago from a friend. I got the sleeves and adjusters nuts from ebay. Shocks new. Struts from a fellow r3ver.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Sweet, Im at a bit of a crossroads myself. I need to get new struts soon and already know Im getting the Konis, but Im thinking of making the crossover to coilovers as I think Ive taken these IE3s as far as they can go
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Sweet, Im at a bit of a crossroads myself. I need to get new struts soon and already know Im getting the Konis, but Im thinking of making the crossover to coilovers as I think Ive taken these IE3s as far as they can go
        I'd just hop over to coilovers. Doubt you'll regret it.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Just need jam nuts. Since it's an oddball thread I have to hunt some down online. I'll probably pretty them up a little.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Got the jam nuts finally

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Bad day. Someone hit my car and didn't leave any info. Even worse it was out front of my house. I live on a very quiet street with plenty of room. So my mind is blown someone found a way to hit it. Door and lock mechanism no longer work from outside.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

People are the worst. Sorry that happened. Good news though, probably not the worst damage and easily fixed! :)

Comment

Well, I lost traction in the rain on an onramp a couple weeks ago...

I picked this up the day after to swap my powertrain into

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Noooooooooooooo!What a string of bad luck....

The new e30 is very clean, though. was it resprayed?
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Noooooooooooooo!What a string of bad luck....

The new e30 is very clean, though. was it resprayed?
                      I know, tell me about it :(

I believe the brilliantrot has had some parts resprayed. I know for sure the hood, fender, and front bumper have been resprayed because my friend who I bought it from had those done.

Overall it's a pretty straight car, looks to be very rust free.

Here are some more pics I have

The damage that was repaired. Still needs work to be perfect but for now it's okay.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

That's a nice one!

How was the motor after the crash?
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          That's a nice one!

How was the motor after the crash?
                          Motor is fine mechanically. I inspected a little bit and I've found everything has shifted forward and the metal on the Trans where it bolts to mount broke.

I have to wait till it's out to see what she going on. Motor mounts may have gotten messed up.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

jeez, that sucks! but the replacement looks clean - hopefully everything can go into it w ease

sam

1991 325i
                            flickr
                            @sambhaskins

Comment

So we lost an Alpine car AND a bronzit car in a week... the delphin curse is broken and replaced with an Alpine and bronzit curse
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Tear down has begun on the beast.
                                Heart is ready to come out. Just have to undo clutch line

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X