Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jay - you are seriously the man for doing this for so long. I've read nearly the whole thing but that was while trying to fit other wheels :P

I have an 88 vert and am now looking at:

16x8 fronts ET25 - thinking 205-40s
    16x9 rears ET20 - in 215-40s

I drive the shit out of everything. Am i in the game here?

Darien
    Last edited by d.brocco; 02-02-2017, 10:24 PM.
    Darien
    1974 2002 "Careen"
    1988 325i vert "Serene"
    1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Stretched tires and no spacers. 205/40 front 215/40 rear AND a rear fender roll. They will sit flush.
      Jay,

Thank you for the response! Do you think it would be possible to run a 235/40 in the rear instead for more width/less stretch? I'm been looking at examples of e39 style 32s and I've seen the same specs tires suggested, but two have been running adapters (18mm and 20mm)and one running z3 rear hubs(+23)

With the z4 hub it only pushes out 2.5mm. So my thought is I have between 15.5- 20.5mm more space between the hub and fender than the above mentioned setups.

Also, could I run more tire in the front with the fenders rolled?

Not a huge fan of stretched tires, but will deal because I like the wheels.

Thanks!
      sigpic

89' 325is - Alpine

Comment

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me if these wheels will fit my 1992 E30 318i convertible with stock suspension?

Here is the link with the wheel specifications listed below.

Style: RS Style

Size: F&R: 16X7.5

Bolt pattern: 4X100/114.3

Offset: F&R: 35MM

Hub Bore: 73.1mm

THANKS VERY MUCH

Comment

So what would be the perfect offset on a 16x8 wheel front and rear to fit 225/45R16 tires

I can roll the rear but is there an offset that would fit my car perfectly. 1990 325is.

When I say perfectly I am not a fan of the poke I would like it flush, I will be running H&R sports.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

spacer (size? bolt on or extended lug type?) and tire (size?) advice needed...

1987 325e sedan

bagged

16x7.5 et38 wheels

Like the flush look. "FuN" car for cruising and hard parking...have another car for corners and speed.

Your guidance is gold.

Thanks in advance!
            Last edited by drumsauce; 02-25-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

So 205/55r15s on 15x7.5 et0 wheels rubbed ever so slightly in the rear with a half assed roll (lips are bent to a 45° angle with a baseball bat). Still managed to get to the belts before cutting deeper than the letters.

Now I wanna play offroad. if I finish rolling my fenders flat a 205/70r15 on the same rim should be good, right? What about 225/70?

Looking at the new General Grabber AT3 that's coming out this spring.
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                You'll need 3-5mm spacers to clear the front struts. Actually maybe not, if you have the smaller strut housings (not sure on the 316s details). The tires will fit fine, no rubbing.
                Well Mystical i didn't expect that you would be active after so many years! I mean you are beyond a forum moderator, you are a something like a doctor for the E30 enthusiasts that cannot find peace with their cars! I really admire you, i wish you the best my friend..!!!

Well after many modifications i finally accepted the fact that 7x15 ET12 is not the correct wheel for the late facelift E30 i have. There is no way to use the car 100%. The look is fine but when two people stay in the back, or worse when you put things in the trunk and you have people in the back the rubbing is always here, no matter the height of the car. What pisses me off is that 205/55/15 tyres are more expensive than the 7X15 et12 wheels, so it is pointless to buy expesive tyres just to tear them apart after 100miles...

The question is, sould i buy second hand original 15'' bbs 15X7 et24 or a new set of Ronal LS 15x7,5 et25 ? Is the fitment exactly the same? Do you have any opinion of the quality of Ronal LS or they are cheap made wheels?

You see the whole point of aftermarket wheels is they have the beatiful lip aroud the wheel that the originals do not have....

BR Mystical!!!

Comment

15x7 and 15x8 et25 Staggered

Billi sports with IE3 springs ..

Can I run 225/45 on 15x7 et25 fronts w/o spacers and roll ?

I'm combining with 225/45 on 15x8 et25 rear ..

or am I better running with 205/50 on the fronts ??

TIA

Comment

17x8 +30 wheels for 91 318is

Sorry if this particular setup was asked before but i searched abs couldn't find it. Looking to get a set of 17x8 +30 and don't want to roll fenders. Does anyone know if this will fit with 205/40 17s?

Thanks and again, sorry if i overlooked this question.

Comment

Originally posted by M40_316i View Post
                      Well Mystical i didn't expect that you would be active after so many years! I mean you are beyond a forum moderator, you are a something like a doctor for the E30 enthusiasts that cannot find peace with their cars! I really admire you, i wish you the best my friend..!!!

Well after many modifications i finally accepted the fact that 7x15 ET12 is not the correct wheel for the late facelift E30 i have. There is no way to use the car 100%. The look is fine but when two people stay in the back, or worse when you put things in the trunk and you have people in the back the rubbing is always here, no matter the height of the car. What pisses me off is that 205/55/15 tyres are more expensive than the 7X15 et12 wheels, so it is pointless to buy expesive tyres just to tear them apart after 100miles...

The question is, sould i buy second hand original 15'' bbs 15X7 et24 or a new set of Ronal LS 15x7,5 et25 ? Is the fitment exactly the same? Do you have any opinion of the quality of Ronal LS or they are cheap made wheels?

You see the whole point of aftermarket wheels is they have the beatiful lip aroud the wheel that the originals do not have....

BR Mystical!!!
                      That should fit? I had 15x7.5 et0 on 205/55r15 Falken 512s with a partial roll... are your fenders stock? Seriously I think you'd be good with rolled fenders.
                      Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

All -

Currently looking at running a 16x8 5x120 Et14 on a '92 E30Ic. Tire choice not yet defined, so feel free to add recommendations there as well. I will need to run adapters

I'm looking for the wheels to be flush as possible, but not pokey - how would these fit, look, etc.?

Car has bilstein shocks with eibach springs.

Thank you for an insight and feedback provided
                        Last edited by Taiontrack; 02-18-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                          That should fit? I had 15x7.5 et0 on 205/55r15 Falken 512s with a partial roll... are your fenders stock? Seriously I think you'd be good with rolled fenders.
                          I have rolled fenders. The car is a late E30 model with lower arches in the back. I do not have problem when ridding alone or with front passenger....but when people sit in the back then the noices appear...

Comment

Wanting to fit 17x9

Hello, on my 1989 e30 sedan was wondering if these offsets will be aggressive but not too pokey.
                            Edit:
                            Front 16x9 215/45 et5
                            Rear 16x9 on 215/45 I've read et5 is flush.

I'm running fifteen52 formula TRs.

I know slight camber might be needed I have plates.

Here is image I'm going for. Except he is 16x9.5 rear

So eventually I will go bagged(not looking for static vs air debate!)
                            But don't want the wheels to look to "donk" with my current height. Which is pretty low for springs

Let me know thanks!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by sslum; 02-20-2017, 03:44 PM.
                            sigpic1989 Cirrusblau Metallic Sedan
                            S5X build in the making

More Doors More Love

Comment

Enkei 92 15x8 et 25

Planning on mounting these on to the car in the next few weeks. Car is currently stock height but will be installing m3 springs with hds, purchased the spacers, now just need the proper tire. I know many people run 205/50 but would 225/45 fit and not rub?

Comment

Came across a deal I couldn't pass up. Style 42's 17X8.5 and 7.5 staggered set. Currently has 245x45 and 225X45's mounted on them I think they are ET41 but they are not marked. I have a 1989 325I with H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sports. I have the 42 Draft design 18mm 4 to 5 lug adapters. I am open to a mild fender roll if needed. Also open to e36 M3 struts. Any chance these will fit or what tire will fit or just dismount tires and run on my BBS RS's on my E24?
                                Last edited by Steve Corbett; 02-23-2017, 04:50 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Steve Corbett
                                1983 528E Scrapped
                                1983 528E Sold
                                1984 745I
                                1984 325E - Sold
                                1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                                1989 325I Zinno
                                1988 635CSI

Comment

Working...
                                X