Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Hats.....

Well while searching for drop hats and what not i stumbled upon something pretty interesting... E90 (31336764093) hats look just like e30 hats..... Just wanted to know if anyone thinks they would fit because they seem the same....

pics!

E30:

E90:

Just seems like they are different diameters...
    Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

it looks like those would be raise hats
    sigpic

Comment

And how do you come across that conclusion...
      Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

Just look at each of the part numbers bro.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

What is the point?
          -tim
          Originally posted by Jordan
          I like the stance
          -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

FK makes a set too for E30's....
            -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Well these are 25.00$ for the pair from the dealer so yea....
              Slamburglars Handbook:

Comment

What makes you think they are any deeper than the E30 cups?
                -tim
                I like the stance

Comment

I was wondering that because from the pictures they seem like they are deeper..... but due to the fact that you apparently don't know, why do you keep posting in here lol....
                  Slamburglars Handbook:

Comment

I'm just trying to help you out as well as get information on the subject you've brought into question.

Schematic drawings are not necessarily 100% correct. Also, the images are at a different angle so that might account for the appearance difference.
                    -tim
                    I like the stance

Comment

I've got a set to pick up from the dealer when I get a chance.

Just so people understand...I'm pretty sure that the drop hats being sold for $100 are just an OEM part that cost under $25 with tax from the dealer. My dealer even keeps them in stock and let me know that E30 guys have bought them. They are most definitely deeper than the standard E30 hat and will lower the front of the car.

Comment

Alright lol as long as i know your being genuine and not a dick as at least 70% of this fourm....

e90^^

^^ E30 (on the right)
                        Slamburglars Handbook:

Comment

Originally posted by EMC View Post
                          I've got a set to pick up from the dealer when I get a chance.

Just so people understand...I'm pretty sure that the drop hats being sold for $100 are just an OEM part that cost under $25 with tax from the dealer. My dealer even keeps them in stock and let me know that E30 guys have bought them. They are most definitely deeper than the standard E30 hat and will lower the front of the car.
                          let us know how it workds out
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                          Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                            let us know how it workds out
                            Will do. I'll ask the parts guys if they have anything deeper when I go there. I'll take the picture with me. I'm sure they will come up with something.

For $100 a pair, someone couldn't sell a totally custom spring hat for an E30 drop. Whatever it is, I'll try to figure out which car it comes from. Even the most expensive spring hats are half the price of the E30 "drop hats".

Comment

I'm in for final drop results and dealership cost!
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                              X