Ocell's 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocell's 318is

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for an e30 for a little while now. I'd always wanted one since hanging out in the Condor Shop years ago, and I got more serious about it in the past few months. I got SUPER serious about it when a drunk driver rear ended my 2001 Prelude and totaled it. The FWD was bugging me, anyway.

I kept my eyes out in Austin and the surrounding areas, but nothing really hit the sweet spot for me. Then Silence had a stroke or something that gave him a serious lack of judgement, and he decided to sell this 318is.

This past weekend I flew to South Florida, then drove the car to Sebring with the Condor and MAD Motorsports crew and hung out at the track for the weekend before driving the car back home to Austin.

The track day was a blast! I'd never done one before. It was certainly the best test drive, ever. Driving at Sebring was a bucket-list item for me, for sure.

I'll be using it as a daily driver, and hope to autocross it frequently. We have two clubs that meet in San Antonio, pretty close to me. The car is pretty set up already, but I'll be building on it over time, for sure.

My other vehicle is a 1988 Toyota 4Runner. I've built it up over the past year for fairly serious trail crawling. I've got a build thread here for anyone interested: http://www.yotatech.com/f199/ocells-...thread-255844/

What I know:
    Ground Control coilovers
    Eibach springs
    Adjustable Koni Shocks
    Condor bushings all around, subframe risers, power steering delete
    Recaro GTI MKII seats
    Momo steering wheel
    15x7" Ronal Turbo wheels (drool)
    Falken Azenis RT-615K
    Some non-stock exhaust
    A/C works

So far I've ordered a Red46 skid plate (http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=269486), odometer gears, some interior trim, a keyless entry kit, and I've got a set of Condor Speedshop motor and transmission mounts to install.

My new 318is by Ocell, on Flickr

And here's the truck for anyone curious:

Last edited by Ocell; 04-30-2015, 10:13 AM.
    91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Nice score, I love the wheels!

Comment

Nice 318is

Welcome

Comment

another e30 and yoter owner checking in.. this Thing is beautiful. Love the Ronal's. They look different than the regular turbos. Are they vintage ones?

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure if the Turbos are vintage. I know some had black painted branding and insides... these are raw all around. I'll pull one off and see if I can find markings that may show manufacture date or something.

One of the wheels had some super-baked-on brake dust and grime. Today I hit it with some Simple Green and Scotch Brite pads. I'm very happy with the results! I think I'll get these sanded/polished to a near mirror finish and then hit them with some fine sandpaper while spinning to get them a radially brushed finish.

Comment

Looking good. It was nice meeting you last weekend. Those turbos cleaned up very nicely!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Nice car. I am drooling over those wheels. WANT!

Comment

Hey AbsorbantNut! Good meeting you too. I wish it hadn't been so brief, but I'm glad I got to check out your car. I love it!

I did a little more work on the wheels today. I'm liking this whole "raw aluminum" thing.

Comment

Wow! Love the progress on the turbos...
                  diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

I just did a bit of interneting... it looks like the wheels are Ronal Turbo Phase 2's, so they are not the most recent (I think?) R10's.

I don't know much about street wheels, though, so I'm just working off of a quick image search and some forum listings.

I'll pop them off and look at the markings in the castings soon.

Comment

Nice 318is!

Comment

My fav 15" wheels. Jealous.
                        » PARTS FOR SALE
                        » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

loving the ronals a lot. id love to own a set.
                          BUILDTHREAD
                          WTB LIST

Comment

Approved!
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Love those Ronal wheels. Car looks good overall.
                              Continuous For Sale Thread
                              323i s50

Comment

Working...
                              X