No announcement yet.

My "Great White Buffalo" restoration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much new besides a shifter that was overpriced. Also, sport seats! I'll wait until the leather is worn out to put the new fabric kit on from 9 Stitch.

Comment

E30

Clean looking e30, the cluster is killer.

Comment

Good work! I like that you choose to rebuild instead of replace.

(And yes, also jealous of your cluster :) )
        sigpic
        Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
        88 Alpine 325i
        1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Back in business.

The new plug wires came in yesterday from Jegs, after nearly three months of the kit being on back order.

The Lego car now?

I must say it was worth the wait. Back in an earlier post I pulled out cylinder #6's spark plug(Pictured Below) and came to the conclusion that It was not getting any spark. I was right and wrong at the same time. It was getting spark, but not enough to even ignite the mixture during combustion.

Before the new wires. #6 (You know... 40 posts ago)

I am now firing on all cylinders. No more idle stutter, throttle lag, and all the power is back. I now know that I was down two cylinders now instead of one. Those plug wires were shot. A few Ohms checks on the bench and it was all over the place. Continuity checks on #6, #4 failed, while #1 was a weak positive. I guess 250,000 miles on one set it pushing it anyways.
          Last edited by goskidmark; 03-11-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 325isman View Post
            Clean looking e30, the cluster is killer.
            Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
            Good work! I like that you choose to rebuild instead of replace.

(And yes, also jealous of your cluster :) )
            Thanks guys for the compliments, I could not have reached this level of completion without this forum and the people that are apart of it. I still have a ways to go yet.

Comment

Working...
            X