E30 M3 track acr build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
    What manual steering rack did you use and how does your hood stay on? I see the rear bracket for the hood but nothing up front and no hood pins? Great looking car!

The rack I had originally in this car was a Z4 manual rack. There is some more information about the rack on this forum: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279984

For my set up (I have big brakes and 18" wheels on R compund tyres) I have to disagree with some of the remarks in that thread - I had to change the rack because it was way too heavy - you need some muscle to turn the wheel. It was just not livable and was a hinderance - the new CSL powered rack is quite light in comparison but is truely tranformational and makes the car 100x easier to drive at the limit (even though the CSL rack is not as quick).

I run a carbon hood which has two carbon brackets coming of it down towards the ground - i then have two pins that bolt through it - here is a pic without the hood and where the pins bolt in through the grill (thick arrow) and the bit that it screws in to (thin arrow)

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwdayz View Post
      What manual steering rack did you use and how does your hood stay on? I see the rear bracket for the hood but nothing up front and no hood pins? Great looking car!
      The rack I had originally in this car was a Z4 manual rack. There is some more information about the rack on this forum: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279984

For my set up (I have big brakes and 18" wheels on R compund tyres) I have to disagree with some of the remarks in that thread - I had to change the rack because it was way too heavy - you need some muscle to turn the wheel. It was just not livable and was a hinderance - the new CSL powered rack is quite light in comparison but is truely tranformational and makes the car 100x easier to drive at the limit (even though the CSL rack is not as quick).

I run a carbon hood which has two carbon brackets coming of it down towards the ground - i then have two pins that bolt through it - here is a pic without the hood and where the pins bolt in through the grill (thick arrow) and the bit that it screws in to (thin arrow)

Comment

[QUOTE=superleggeram3;4641477]The rack I had originally in this car was a Z4 manual rack. There is some more information about the rack on this forum: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=279984

[/QUOT

I've been wanting to convert my power rack to manual but have been hesitant because of the heavy steering. Although I have an S14 over the nose and I've run a few M42's with no power steering and it wasn't bad at all. Given you have wide sticky rubber and a heavier engine it probably was a bear to steer your car.

I've been trying to figure out how I was going to do something like that with my hood! I didn't want to to put holes in the hood for pins. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to use that setup on my car! Awesome build by the way

Comment

Originally posted by superleggeram3 View Post
          The air box is from Eventuri - howwever the heat shiel in front of it is custom made. Here is a slightly better picture of the heat shield:

The carbon body parts are made by BMP Conversions in the UK - he produces the whole of the M3 body parts in carbon. if you are on facebook search for "bmp conversions e30 m3 carbon fibre" - you can message Spencer and tell him "Nian" said you would look after me.
          That's VERY similar to what I was trying to do with my intake. Very cool, thanks for all of the info!
          -Brandon
          '86 325es S50
          '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
          '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
          '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
          S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Fuel surge issues hopefully a thing of the past now with a swirl pot setup:

Comment

Comment

Another small clip from the weekend.

Comment

Wicked. Passed that Noble like it was a Hillman imp!

Comment

More out side shots please! That thing sounds great!!

Comment

Another clip from the wekeend at Castel Combe:

Comment

Your drive reminded me of one of my all-time favorite videos of a McLaren smashing all of its competition. This clip even has a similar power slide. Absolutely love your car.

Comment

And some pics:

Comment

Some more pics from earlier this week when at Silverstone Gp circuit

Small vid too: https://youtu.be/M0746RpyaDQ

Comment

Just some random clip of my s54 powered e30 at Silverstone from last week

E92 doing some show boating in front of me:

And a relatively clear lap but closing in on a e46 m3 track car very quickly and an m4 - albeit novices from the stickers:

Comment

How about a hill climb event!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X