Turbo time for my S50 on a "budget"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
    I like your cooler. Do you have the specs on it.
    It's the Setrab 19 row core. It's 13"x6". I have it mounted so that the bottom of it is level with the bar that splits the lower grill area. If I had the inlet and outlet on the top, it could be mounted lower, completely in front of the lower grill. As is, it holds 200F in the canyons in cool weather. Haven't tried it on the track yet.

Comment

No the planning begins.
      1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
      5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Bye bye budget..... To a certain extent. Ordered JE 9:1 pistons and K1 rods today. Things should pickup speed in the next few weeks.

Comment

Bye bye budget..... To a certain extent. Ordered JE 9:1 pistons and K1 rods today. Things should pickup speed in the next few weeks.

I feel you [emoji24] excited to see more.
          - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
          @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Have you got your gauges sort out yet?
            I have VDO gauges but they are just simple, wanting something more with like a warning light that flashes or something like that for boost/ oil pressure and so on.
            @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

This hits me right in the feels. Its fun to remember back when I was "just gonna swap it"

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
                This hits me right in the feels. Its fun to remember back when I was "just gonna swap it"

ALWAYS turns in to the "well, while I'm in here..."
                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                  ALWAYS turns in to the "well, while I'm in here..."
                  Seriously. I started off with "well I will just deck the block then put it back together". HAHAH. Now its

Deck Block/Clean Block repaint
                  Deck Head/wash Head
                  Torque Plate Hone to 86.5mm - This one was a huge learning experience for me. The engine builder explained that when the S and M blocks are TQ plated with studs some of the cylinder walls bulge a couple of thousandths out and thus impact ring sealing and longevity.
                  Spin polish check Crank and check for Tolerances.

Purchase JE 9:1 Pistons 86.5mm
                  Purchase K1 Rods- recommended as superior over the Eagle (his word not mine)
                  Pricing was actually pretty good on the Rods and pistons.

Purchase new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate - Grip Force Stage 3 (know a few people who have had good experiences with the Grip Force Stuff)

Take whole rotating assembly back to engine shop to have it rebalanced as many many grams will be coming off of the assembly.

Then reassemble and spin to 7400rpm

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                    Have you got your gauges sort out yet?
                    I have VDO gauges but they are just simple, wanting something more with like a warning light that flashes or something like that for boost/ oil pressure and so on.
                    I am in the same boat on the gauges front and I want to be able to data log as I will likely be going with RK for the Tune. I am looking at the SCG-1 and the Turbo smart Eboost 2. I love the boost 2. Also still not happy with the mounting options for the E30 I will probably mount in the center vent just to keep it in my eye line.

Comment

So this is an old pic, but this is where mine is(have my AFR there now as well) and I'm not sure if I like it anymore. But having it in the vent makes it so you don't have the vents anymore and I don't want that. Leaning more to the A-Pilar but eahhh
                      @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Oil temp, water temp, oil pressure

Comment

See, I don't really know how I feel about looking down to see the gauges. I have my oil pressure there and when I blew my motor it helped 0% [emoji30]
                          @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by vaughnbannister View Post
                            See, I don't really know how I feel about looking down to see the gauges. I have my oil pressure there and when I blew my motor it helped 0% [emoji30]
                            I have a VDO sender that has the dummy light switch built in so it pops up on the dash if the oil pressure drops below 7 PSI.

Comment

Got my clutch in today. I will swing by the engine shop tonight. Pics coming. Let the money flow.

Comment

Got my clutch in today. I will swing by the engine shop tonight. Pics coming. Let the money flow.

Getting the clutch balanced ?
                                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X