Tinnitus sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnitus sucks

Anybody else deal with this? I think I've always had some level of ringing in my ears, but the past few days it feels exponentially worse. I think my hearing was damaged a little bit after working in an extremely loud shop for 6 years (even though I ALWAYS wore my ear plugs), and I listen to music on my headphones too loud too often. The past couple days I've been keeping things very quiet and not using my headphones but this shit is killing me. I can't read for more than a half hour and it's hard to sleep. I've been reading up on ways to treat it but if anybody else here has been able to deal with it please share.
    My Feedback

Fack, sounds misearble.

No advice, but good luck.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Sounds horrible man :/

I have had slight ringing in my ears all my life probably passed down from my mom but that is rough.
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Anybody else deal with this? I think I've always had some level of ringing in my ears, but the past few days it feels exponentially worse. I think my hearing was damaged a little bit after working in an extremely loud shop for 6 years (even though I ALWAYS wore my ear plugs), and I listen to music on my headphones too loud too often. The past couple days I've been keeping things very quiet and not using my headphones but this shit is killing me. I can't read for more than a half hour and it's hard to sleep. I've been reading up on ways to treat it but if anybody else here has been able to deal with it please share.

Tinni of 2 Years here. First of all - I haven't got a secret solution for you.
        Your brain will learn to ignore the ringing sound, if you can accept it too. I think it's the most importatant thing to do. Just accept it. It's here and it won't go. Make it your friend. I know this sounds dumb, but it worked for me. After about 2 months of positive thinking, I don't hear it normally during the day. I do though, sometimes if its real quite, or when I'm forced to remember - like now, while reading your post.

I hope I could help you a little bit. Feel free to contact me.

Comment

I deal with I can only imagine is a mild case. I absolutely have to sleep with a fan on and some tv show playing low in the background. To many years of using power tools without muffs, metal concerts and probably firearms to some extent even with earpro.
          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

My ears have been ringing for as long as I can remember. Playing in band, smoking and working in a machine shop probably doesn't help. I'm just used to it, but when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep, its all I hear.]

My ex gf dad used these drops that he swore help with his ear ringing, i forgot what they're called, but there's stuff out there that supposedly help
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

What i'm also dealing with right now is my neck feeling sore and out of alignment which I think could be contributing. It feels like I have some pressure in my ear; every time I swallow my ears *pop*. I tried listening to this frequency test and could clearly hear the 16k hz but barely the 17k hz.

I've always had sensitive hearing so I generally try to protect my ears, but I do know that I've listened to music too loud but never to the point that my ears ring afterward. But this all started a few nights ago after I know for sure I was listening with my headphones too loud, so now I'm just like shit...
              My Feedback

Comment

Sometimes, when I'm coming down with a flu I'll get that pressure in my ears from blowing my nose and shit. Go see a physician and get it checked out.

Man, I couldn't hear anything over 15k at all lol and I'm 24
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I've had tinnitus as far back as I can remember, since at least very early childhood, it's possible I was born with it. It varies constantly in intensity but pressure changes and stress exacerbate it for me. Ear blockage has also made it worse in the past, it might be worth it to try gentle cerumen removal with a bulb and warm water. Last time I did that and removed a blockage everything was loud for a couple of days then I got used to it, but the comparative increase in loudness of everything made my tinnitus less noticeable.

I am extremely conscious of the health of my hearing and always have been because of my tinnitus. I've never used power tools, guns, etc without hearing protection.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

fak! i fell off after 12k. i know my hearing is shit. my left ear is worse. i think it has more damage because of an old samsung flip phone i had in the mid 2000's. spending the last 25 yrs or so around jet airplane engines has not helped either.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Call me a fru fru if you want, but I'd go see a chiropractor and see if they can work some magic.

Could be wayyy off track here, but a chiro has helped me dramatically after a gnarly accident involving my fiances CR-V and an RV, on the freeway.

Just throwing it out there.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I've been to chiropractors before and I want to go because my neck is all messed up, but I don't have health insurance now so it's like $50 a visit. I think I'll go see my doctor or ENT just to have them look in my ears.
                        My Feedback

Comment

I have mild tinnitus but I only notice it when it is extremely quiet. To keep myself from hearing it at night, I run a humidifier by my side of the bed. The humidifier fan provides just enough hum to drown out the ringing, without being distracting.

Like others here have said, a fan is pretty much a must to avoid the ringing.

Comment

My tinnitus is pretty bad but it only occasionally gives me any trouble with going to sleep even when the background noise is unusually quiet. Fortunately I don't often camp remotely or go too many nights without power. Maybe I've just acclimated to it because I've had it for the entirety of my remembered life, hopefully you acclimate to it as well.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Like others on here, too many loud nights out and cranked headphones lead to the ringing as well. I notice it more when I'm about to fall asleep and its quiet, but I usually sleep with a fan and some quiet music on, helps to drown it out and other things that go bump in the night

Comment

Working...
                              X